FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

D Frontend

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clw

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: D Frontend Reply with quote

First the question: Is there any frontend for the d-compiler?

I know it isn't really difficult to make such a program, but I didn't find any WORKING frontend

I tried to use VSPluginD, but it said that I dont have VS2005 Standard installed though I do have Team System installed

Also DDT doesnt really work, though I didnt try it out in depth

So if there really isnt such a thing, I will have to do it myself
sean

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's one included in the DMD distribution: /dmd/src/dmd. It's C++ code and doesn't clean up memory after itself so if you're not using it for a one-shot compile you'll probably need to integrate the Boehm GC.
Clw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: GUI Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't mean Frontend ( I didn't know the meaning of the word since I'm from Germany ), but GUI

I'm looking for one, because I seem to belong to these people who can't stand such console windows, even if they aren't unhandy
hasan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poseidon
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: GUI Reply with quote

Clw wrote:
Sorry I didn't mean Frontend ( I didn't know the meaning of the word since I'm from Germany ), but GUI
I suspect you mean "IDE" (integrated development environment). At least that's what hasan seemed to think you meant.

If you're looking for an IDE or editor of some sort for programming in D, here's a list of some editors that work with D to some extent: Wiki4D:EditorSupport

If you really are looking for a GUI library, try the options on this list: Wiki4D:AvailableGuiLibraries

Clw wrote:
I'm looking for one, because I seem to belong to these people who can't stand such console windows, even if they aren't unhandy

I'm not a big fan of console windows, either, but they still serve a purpose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: