FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Work on 0.1 branch

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Work on 0.1 branch Reply with quote

From my SVN commit message:

Code:

Used DMD 0.89 to continue the Forward References battle.  Also got rid of C-style casts that the compiler was barfing on.  Got rid of some junk, like the 'all.d' files in each folder.  Also, began using SCons as the build tool.  Implemented more of the widget files, and stopped when trying to compile widget.d outside of Eclipse at a prompt.  Start there.

0.1 is where I feel most comfortable. However, I found myself heavily using John's code in /trunk to solve the forward references.

widget.d and display.d need the most work, and we're getting to the point of needing the delegates work as well as a few other things that keep popping up. Two that come to mind are Java's arraycopy (which I think I've solved elsewhere in the code) and reflection-type things, like getClass().

SCons rules. Here's the build file:
Code:

from glob import glob
import os
import sys

env = Environment(ENV=os.environ)

SRC = (
    glob('dwt/*.d') +
    glob('dwt/graphics/*.d') +
    glob('dwt/internal/*.d') +
    glob('dwt/util/*.d') +
    glob('dwt/widgets/*.d') +
    glob('HelloDWT.d')
)

if 'win32' in sys.platform:
    env.Append(DVERSIONS='Win32')
    SRC += glob('dwt/*/win32/*.d') # ooo

elif 'linux' in sys.platform:
    env.Append(DVERSIONS=['unix', 'linux'])
    SRC += glob('dwt/*/gtk/*.d')

env.Program(SRC)

I'd like to clear out the bad makefiles, but I'm not sure which ones work anymore. Does everyone want to standardize on SCons? Wink

Tired. Very tired...
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an email from Yuriy and my reply:

Quote:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 12:04 AM
To: Brad Anderson
Subject: Trying to build DWT.

Subj: Trying to build DWT.
18 may 2004
7:55:00

Hi Brad,

Today I tried build "old stuff" fixing 'deprecated cast' on the way (do you want
me to send them? I can drag them out for SVN) in the lost of classes I stuck
with that:

c:\dmd\bin\dmd -c -O -v -release dwt\dwt.d dwt\graphics\gcdata.d ........
semantic rgb
semantic scrollbar
dwt\widgets\composite.d(43): class Composite is forward referenced

How I can solve it? Actually java compiler solves this 'by itself'. What are the
decisions?

--
Best regards,
Yuriy

----------------------------------------------------

Yuriy,

I just checked in some code on the /branches/0.1 part of SVN. I did the same thing about the casts. We were working at the same time.

As for the forward references, welcome to DWT. Sad It is the biggest problem that we have had. See the forums for some more info on forward references.

I am able to solve them sometimes by moving the private imports inside the class { } brackets, when the class itself doesn't inherit or implement them. If the class inherits or implements, then you need the import outside of the class.

Actually, this is where John Reimer's code is handy, because he doesn't have any implementation, just the classes and the imports. His code is in /trunk.

Please have a look at my code in SVN on /branches/0.1 and let me know what you think. I also put a new topic in the forum, so if you want to talk about it, let's do it there. I'll put your email out there, with my response.

I haven't looked at your other code you sent. Sorry, it was on my other computer and I couldn't get to it, but I will look at it later.

Thanks,
Brad

brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From tonight's SVN Commit:

More work to solve Forward References
Consolidated all structs from internal.win32 to internal.win32.types.d
Added Yuriy's widgets files
Left off trying to compile menuitem.d outside of eclipse.
Blandger

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:

Consolidated all structs from internal.win32 to internal.win32.types.d
Added Yuriy's widgets files
Left off trying to compile menuitem.d outside of eclipse.

Did you change 'old' structures in the types.d by newer versions ? I remember there was couple.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I found some of them, and changed them. You can see in the SVN repos at revision 17, just checked in.

BTW, is your ISP allowing access to the WebDAV commands yet?
JJR

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Work on 0.1 branch Reply with quote

brad wrote:
I'd like to clear out the bad makefiles, but I'm not sure which ones work anymore. Does everyone want to standardize on SCons? Wink

I think most of the makefiles in 0.1 are mostly useless and unmaintained now. Probably wouldn't hurt to drop them.

I'll keep up my newer one in trunk for testing purposes only.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I committed some more to /branches/0.1 last night. Take a look. I may need Andy's help to get through some of the more advanced things. Also, it's time to start with delegates. Maybe callback.d is that start and I need to learn how to use it.

SVN log:
Work on os.d - changed uints back to ints and cast(int)'ed the offenders.
Wored on decorations.d to compile outside of Eclipse, ran into windowProc() issue.
Uncommented big block of implementation in control.d and did requisite port tasks
Still forward references on scrollable.d

Oh, and this is the 1,000th post to dsource. Razz
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVN Log:
More Forward Reference Work - I'm now on caret.d, got stuck on setting/comparing a struct to null.
Used Yuriy's simplified FRef source code to make /branches/0.1 a bit better.

Yuriy,
I kept adding widgets to your src1 code in the simplified.zip and couldn't make it break. So I think (hope) if we get all the widgets to compile on their own that they will compile as a whole.

It's all in SVN... Hope your ISP lets you do the WebDAV commands soon.
Blandger

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
Yuriy,
I kept adding widgets to your src1 code in the simplified.zip and couldn't make it break.

Hm... Sounds interesting but something tells me it's easier to add new simplified classes to my simplified sources then adding 'real' classes to the 'real' DWT source.

I swept out some probably 'unimportant' class's variables which can be 'very important' as a matter of fact. There are a lots of reasons to break the real DWT code and may be those removed 'unimportant' classes/variables broke it in fact. Sad

I'll 'play' with my 'branches/0.1/' copy and will try to find the way make it free from the forward reference. I'm not sure if I succeed in it but I'll try. I failed with it last time.

Anyway you should apply to Walter to comment and clarify this matter using my 'simplified widgets version' (hope you have done it already). I believe it will be interesting for him also and it will be harder for us avoid f.ref. errors in future without his suggestions and thoughts.

Look forward to hear a news from you about it or I'll read it in the newsgroup.

brad wrote:
So I think (hope) if we get all the widgets to compile on their own that they will compile as a whole.

May be but may be not. Should I make a 'dirty conversion' of java code to the D code for the rest of widgets classes to help 'bringing this future'? If so write a list of missing windget classes pls.

brad wrote:
SVN Log:More Forward Reference Work - I'm now on caret.d, got stuck on setting/comparing a struct to null.
I see it's a long way ahead till it compiles without syntactical errors in all classes and only f.ref. remains alone.

brad wrote:
Used Yuriy's simplified FRef source code to make /branches/0.1 a bit better.
I'm glad if it helped you even a little.

brad wrote:
It's all in SVN... Hope your ISP lets you do the WebDAV commands soon.
I'm afraid it won't be soon.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SVN commit:
Code:
More widgets work to get compiling.  (Menu, Caret, ImageList, Shell)
Implemented System.arraycopy in dwt.util.system
Got farther with implementing display (line 1649, currently)
Began doing some instanceof conversions.
Added document for conversion notes (Java --> D)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: