FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gentoo linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lightoze

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Gentoo linux Reply with quote

I am using Gentoo linux with dmd and gdc, and would like to make single portage overlay tree for dmd, gdc and maybe other D projects. Having it will help Gentoo users to debug ebuilds and update them quicklier.

Really, I now have working dmd ebuild from Gentoo bugzilla and playing with gdc.
lightoze

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how to configure layman and get dmd work:

1) Emerge layman, configure portage to use it:
Code:
emerge layman
echo "source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf" >> /etc/make.conf
If you have changed directory where layman stores its info, you should modify this command respectively. For example, I use /usr/local/overlays/layman for it;
2) Edit /etc/layman/layman.cfg and append http://www.lightoze.net/dlang/layman.xml to overlays variable;
3) Fetch overlays list and add dlang overlay:
Code:
layman -f
layman -a dlang
4) If you use x86 tree, add ~x86 keyword for dmd-bin in /etc/portage/package.keywords:
Code:
echo "dev-lang/dmd-bin ~x86" >> /etc/portage/package.keywords
5) Emerge dmd-bin package:
Code:
emerge dmd-bin

After this you can upgrade dmd with this simple command:
Code:
layman -s dlang
emerge -u dmd-bin

This overlay currently have only one package, because I am still thinking how to get dmd and gdc work together, so other packages can use both in similar way.

Host this project on dsource will be more correct than on my own, but dsource is quite slow sometimes. Are direct file downloads as slow as trac and phpbb here?
P.S. I would suggest simple gentoo name for it.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lightoze wrote:

Host this project on dsource will be more correct than on my own, but dsource is quite slow sometimes. Are direct file downloads as slow as trac and phpbb here?
P.S. I would suggest simple gentoo name for it.

If you know how to identify and/or troubleshoot FastCGI memory leaks becuase of Trac, then feel free to pitch in to speed up dsource.

Your project is all set.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gentoo All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: