FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[fixed] DVD Playback & HTTP Streams

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZBob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: [fixed] DVD Playback & HTTP Streams Reply with quote

First of all, I just want to say that I don't know what the heck is wrong with this forum... it logs me in only when it wants to Smile. If you remember, I told you in my first mail with suggestions and bug reports that I couldn't log in, well, after that it worked one time, then I had to wait aprox. a month to get it to work again Neutral

Anyway, I think I have a solution to the DVD playback problem. Maybe if you used the command-line dvd://1(where 1 is the title) and -dvd-device f: (for example) instead of "F:1" it would work. I hope you understood what I ment, I tend to be a little bit confusing Smile.

As for the HTTP streams, I noticed that MPlayer doesn't even try to connect to the server (thanks to my firewall) and maybe MPlayer quits because you try to open the URL with quotes(""). I don't know if this will help, but I hope it will and if this suggestion is THAT stupid, please ignore it Very Happy.

By the way, you should change the version number in the installer to the curent one, it's still 0.82 Smile and fix the installer extraction of the codecs from the downloaded archive because it exracts them to ...\codecs\windows-all-2006-06-11 instead of ...\codecs (maybe due to path names in the archive). Also there is a small bug in the menu... when changing the black band value and the post-processing value, the change is visible only after playing the movie, or restarting it, not immediately.

Oh, almost forgot, the black band option is behaving very strange... when enabled(no matter the value) it shrinks the video size (aspect ratio) vertically no matter what the movie aspect ratio is... this doesn't happen in other front-ends or when starting MPlayer from the command-line. Maybe you could look into it.

Regards,
Stefan Teodorescu
ZBob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Playlist Bug Reply with quote

Also, after posting the previous topic (obviously), I found out that if the playlist is cleared while still playing an item from the playlist, when the item ends there is an error dialog box titled "Unhandled exception" in wich it says the good old "Integer Divided by Zero" error Smile and then the program crashes. I found this out while playing/testing audio tracks (wich by the way work well).
bobef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your detailed post. I will try the DVD thing you suggest. About the URL and quotes - this is just command line. MPlayer is unable to see these quotes, I will try without them anyway, when I don't know what to do I try stupid things. Currently I am not concerned in fixing the player, because it is somehow working, and am working on new version based on new platform (XUL)...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: