FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 3rd

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: August 3rd Reply with quote

Well, the past couple of days weren't nearly as productive as I would have liked them to be, but they were productive nonetheless.

Tuesday, I spent, no joke, eight hours banging my head on the desk trying to figure out how to do the codegen for && and ||. It seemed so simple at first, but there were hidden complexities which I didn't think of. It also didn't help that my comparisons and jumps are done differently than Lua, Squirrel, and DMDScript, so I had no source to guide me; just the assembly output of DMD (since I'm using an x86-style cmp-jump method). I finally figured it out at 11:30PM, by which time I was too tired to work on it anymore.

Then Wednesday, I got some stuff done, but I had some real life to deal with (damn friends Wink ). So there was some time gone.

So now I've got work again. But today was a pretty good day. I'm mulling over things like temporary register allocation (it's a little kludgy now) and how/if I will support having the last function (or vararg statement) in a table constructor return multiple results. That and array constructors. And after all that, I've got switches and exceptions to work on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: