FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maturity of Enki D Parser

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KlausO

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Maturity of Enki D Parser Reply with quote

Hi pragma,

I've seen you have added a D parser to the Enki parser library. Can you say something about the maturity of the parser ?
And what are your future plans with the XML/XPATH parser ? Are they only a proof of concept or are you planning the next generation XSLT trafo Wink ?
Greets

Klaus
pragma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KlausO, thanks for posting. Smile

As far as the maturity of the D parser, it is not 100? complete, nor completely tested. At the time I last comitted to Enki SVN, the D lexer was about as far as I had verified the codebase. The actual D grammar is taken quite literally from the D docs on digitalmars.com, which I have some issues with. It also represents the state of D at about around 0.162, which pre-dates lazy delegates and possibly a few other tweaks.

Eventually, the library will mature as I get time (and code contributions) for the project.

As for the Enki XML stuff, the XML parser is the only verifiably working part at this time. XPath is a different matter - this is presently stubbed out, and is pending verification and a working backend to support it.

Eventually, I would like to marry these two (XML and XPath) to a DOM implementation so that I can tackle XSLT. An example set of D DOM interface stubs resides over on my old DSP project: http://svn.dsource.org/projects/dsp/trunk/xml/dom

(aside: I've pitched XMLDOM in D to many others before, but I gather the sheer size of the thing has kept anyone from implementing it (to the best of my knowledge anyway). Still, it's the unsung hero of the XML world, and a key component for *everythying* above XMLNS.)

100? of the above is of course BSD licensed, so happy hacking. I'll be posting around here when I get to updating things, but feel free to back-commit improvements if you'd like - I'll be glad to fold it into the project, provided it keeps the same license. Smile

Quote:
Are they only a proof of concept or are you planning the next generation XSLT trafo Wink?

Hey, I wouldn't mind a better XSLT implementation - especially one in D! There are so few 2.0 implementations out there, that we could certainly use a new one. But as far as "next-generation".... I doubt I could improve on XSLT beyond what has already been done aside from backind D for raw speed and efficency.
KlausO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pragma,

I tried to play a little with the D parser but I'm stuck Sad

I used the current revision of DDL (rev. 261). Compiling enki with build/dmd0.167 was easy due to your excellent build scripts. After that I tried to invoke enki and got an assertion inside enki:
Code:

C:\svn\ddl>enki\enki.exe enki\library\d\Parser.bnf -t
Error: AssertError Failure Expression(172)

Maybe you could give me some hint ?

BTW, the xml/xpath samples work.

Thanks in advance,

Klaus
pragma

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus, sorry for letting this post wait so long without a reply.

I have no idea what is causing that, but I will try to reproduce this when I get a chance. Sorry about this. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDL - D Dynamic Libraries All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: