FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QonkD (new project using SDL_gfx)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barrett9h

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: QonkD (new project using SDL_gfx) Reply with quote

I just wanted to annouce the new project I started in dsource.org, a simple space strategy game, inspired by Qonk.

It uses Derelict (just SDL for now, and probably SDL_ttf, SDL_net and SDL_mixer later). I also ported SDL_gfxPrimitives to Derelict.

I believe it's not far from a playable state (everything works, just need to finish the interface and some small details).

http://dsource.org/projects/qonkd/
Crispy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. That sounds scarily like my D project, which is basically done and already supports multiplayer. Smile What a coincidence!
barrett9h

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot to to name and link to your project.
Is it hosted here in dsource.org? I can't find it.
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried playing it, but I have no clue how to Sad
barrett9h

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: How to play QonkD Reply with quote

Hehe. A README.txt is on the TODO list. But you could have checked the original Qonk. Here it is:

The objective is to conquer the planets and moons. The gray ones are neutral. You control the white ones. Colored players are bots.

The three white dots around your home planet are ships. Every non-neutral planet produces a new ship now and then (larger planets produce more.)

You don't see the enemy (or neutral) ships. The neutral planets start with a random number of ships (max three).

Right click on any planet to send a ship there (from your nearest planet that has a ship). You can hold it to auto-repeat. When a ship arrives an planet that is not yours:
1) If there's no ship on the planet, you take it.
2) Otherwise, both your ship and a defending ship are destroyed.

You can use command line parameters to alter the number of planets and bots, or you can use the B key to add a bot in the middle of the game (it will take a neutral planet). The format is:

./qonkd fullscreen=1 screen_width=1600 screen_height=1200 planets=30 bots=8

(Well, I'll just copy/paste this as an initial README.txt now :)
Crispy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrett9h wrote:
You forgot to to name and link to your project.
Is it hosted here in dsource.org? I can't find it.

I didn't forget, I omitted them intentionally. Smile

The project isn't released yet, and I don't plan to make it open source. It'll be commercial/shareware. Evidently I have some open-source competition! Very Happy But that's okay - It's half serious commercial venture and half learning experience, so I'm not too fussed if the commercial part doesn't work out. Either way, I will have learnt a lot for my next game!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: