FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Building DDBI UTF Error (linux, ubuntu)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgeewax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Building DDBI UTF Error (linux, ubuntu) Reply with quote

Hi,

I searched a great deal and couldn't find any help. I am trying to get only the MySQL parts working, and so I do the following:

Code:
dmd -run buildme.d mysql

And I get returned to me:

Code:
Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence

I am very confused about what this means as I don't see anyone else having this trouble. I made sure to make build (/bud) from dsource.org/projects/build and that seems to be working just fine, yet I cannot figure out how to get DDBI compiled well.

If anyone has had this problem, or comes up with a solution, let me know.

(Also, when running buildme.d in bash, there was an error with the command "pause", which I replaced with "sleep 1s")

Thanks in advance.

JJG
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jpelcis

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Building DDBI UTF Error (linux, ubuntu) Reply with quote

Hi. Nice to meet you.

jgeewax wrote:
I searched a great deal and couldn't find any help. I am trying to get only the MySQL parts working, and so I do the following:

I don't have a copy of Linux to test on, but that error doesn't occur on Windows. Would you please try running
Code:
dmd -run buildme.d
to help me locate the bug? Thanks.

jgeewax wrote:
Also, when running buildme.d in bash, there was an error with the command "pause", which I replaced with "sleep 1s"

That should be fixed now.
manni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

the message
Code:
Error: 4invalid UTF-8 sequence

commes if the shell didn't use UTF-8 .

Manfred
nex

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem and fixed it by commenting out
Code:
buildCommand.length = buildCommandArray.length * 10;

Using writefln to print out buildCommand right after that line exits with the same error. I don't know enough about D to know what it's supposed to do, but all it appears to do is extend the string's buffer without clearing the memory. So the arguments just get appended to whatever junk was there.

I also had to change -ofdbi to -oddbi or I got
Code:
Error: multiple source files, but only one .obj name

I'm using dmd 0.172 on Gentoo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDBI All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: