FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project manager?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bradley Smith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Project manager? Reply with quote

Is there a manager of this project?

I've gotten the impression that there is not. If there is not a project manager, I'm concerned about having my projects depend upon these bindings.
jcc7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These bindings tend to be unmaintained freebies donated by people that don't want the hassle of creating a whole project for a few files.

Also, there's no a guarantee that a dsource project with an official project leader will stay maintained either. There are quite a few projects around here with only about a week's worth of check-ins before the developer disappears. There are probably even "projects" with nothing checked into the SVN repository and no posts in the forum.

On the other hand, the WindowsAPI part of the bindings project has actually been fairly actively developed. I think there was more activity in the first month than there has been in recent months, but I think it's in much better shape than the typical full "project" (as far as I can tell).

I think that many of the dsource projects are inactive -- even many of those that are still listed in the "active" group of forums. I don't know why that is, but I guess our goals change or we struggle to find the time to keep improving the projects. Brad has considered adding some sort of "activity meter" to dsource so that we can tell more easily what's in active development. I think we'll have something like that eventually.
AgentOrange

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that is your concern, then your best bet is to just take the bindings you need, and maintain them yourself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Bindings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: