FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviving MinWin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lindquist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reviving MinWin Reply with quote

Hi all.
I've been looking into MinWin and I like it's approach as a minimal wrapper around the "native" UI toolkits. The issue is that there is no maintainer. There is no SVN rep, basically MinWin is mostly dead!

I'd like to see MinWin revived and I am willing to do what I can do make it happen. I dont know GTK+ or Motif, but I have some Win32 knowledge and would be able to maintain at least that part of the wrappers.

If someone else knows GTK+/Motif I think we should start a "joint venture" to see MinWin back on track!

$0.02
JLF65

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been looking into it from the linux side. It would be nice to get a little more support for it going.
lindquist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have set up Cygwin so I can test GTK and Motif, but it's a little cumbersome, so anyone on Linux is VERY welcome to post feedback.
JLF65

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got busy there for a while, but I just got a zip of the latest in the svn. I was getting ready to start on a D project in any case, so I'll most likely use minwin as the framework.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MinWin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: