FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

eclipseD 0.1.2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teqdruid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: eclipseD 0.1.2 Reply with quote

I downloaded some D code from the mango project... started looking at it with eclipseD... wow.. 0.1.1 sucked. I've GREATLY improved the outline method detection, and changed the behavior to update the outline whenever the file is saved... (as opposed to each time a character is typed, which is actually really cool with a small document, and a fast computer.) I don't particularly like this behavior, but I can't think of any better time to do it (that doesn't require a lot of coding.) Crying or Very sad Anybody got any bright ideas?

I've also added some preferences. The syntax highlighting colors are all customizable, and you can select whether or not to display line numbers. Very Happy

I think I've decided that I'd like to run the D stuff the same direction as Eclipse's Java stuff. That is to say full management. Eclipse will directly invoke DMD and compile the source each time it's saved, and highlight errors. The full source will also be modeled in objects (this is partially done already), making things like code completion, and automatic imports easy.

It's a lot of work, so if anyone wants to lend a hand, please let me know! I could still use a little icon. Wink

As always, stay tuned kiddies!

John
teqdruid

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

Forgot to mention: don't forget to delete the OLD eclipseD plugin directory before extracting the new one. They extract to different folders.
Sark7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: eclipseD 0.1.2 Reply with quote

May be outline detection must run in another thread? It is a "lazy" detection way.

P.S. Great work, guys. I use Eclipse and very interested in this plugin. Good luck!
auzy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: a miniscule bug found Reply with quote

This is a great plugin for eclipse (normally I use Anjuta actually.. but this has shown me a very good reason to change to eclipse).

I found a small bug (you probably know about it anyway.. cause its not really a bug.. just a feature)

it just doesn't like \" much.. it should ignore those, but it doesn't.. like:

switch (commands[currIndex]) {
case '\"':

And that unfortunately makes eclipse think the whole thing is a string, which is annoying.. at the moment though I just do //" at the end of that line.. which minimises annoyance..

Great job though..
teqdruid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Fixed Reply with quote

Bug's fixed. It's in the SVN repository, if you want to download and compile it. If not, it'll be fixed in the next release, which should be soon. Really soon. Smile
auzy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

If only the bigger companies fixed their software this quickly Wink

Thanks for the quick response
teqdruid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Bugs Reply with quote

Well it's not like I'm innudated with bug reports to fix... just damn good code I guess Cool ... Actually, I think it's just a severe lack of a user base Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> eclipseD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: