FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entice editor suggestion...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jicman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Entice editor suggestion... Reply with quote

Greetings!

I am a vi, vim, gvim guy, since coming from Unix-Linux world. But I am really enjoying the Entice working environment. Pretty cool and easy to handle. however, I find myself having to use the mouse a lot. :-) Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I would like to be able to copy a line and sometimes two or three, but I find myself having to highlight those line, CTRL-c'ing them and then CTRL-v'ing them and it's time consuming.

My suggestion is, if I point the cursor to a line on the editor, and nothing is highlighted, if I hit CTRL-c, that line gets copied to the clipboard. If I hit CTRL-c 2 times, then that line and the next one (down, of course) would be copied to the clipboard, etc. The same thing could also apply to CTRL-x, which would then copy that line to the clipboard, but then deletes it. If CTRL-x is hit twice, then those two lines are in the clipboard and also get deleted.

This will save me a few seconds in highlighting, copying and pasting, etc.

thanks,

josé
jicman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, you already do something like that with CTRL-d, where it duplicates the line.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: Entice editor suggestion... Reply with quote

Would this require the user to hold down Ctrl for both presses of the 'C' (or 'X') key? If not then I'm not sure which intervening actions start a new copy (or cut) action or continue with the previous; could get messy tracking this.

I use Ctrl+D quite often.
jicman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. This will require the user to keep the CTRL key during the pressing of the c or x. The depressing of the CTRL key ends the sequence. So, if I want to copy two lines, I would press the CTRL key, then hit the c key twice. The same thing applies for the x. I already use CTRL-d also. Another thing you could do, is to highlight the lines, as the c or x keys are being press. Depressing of the CTRL key will end the sequence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: