FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DMD & DUIT Installer for Linux and Windows

View previous topic :: View next topic  
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: DMD & DUIT Installer for Linux and Windows Reply with quote

For those of you who have had trouble installing and configuring DMD and DUIT on your computer, DDev has developed simple installers that will do all of the work for you. Simply go to http://ddev.ratedo.com and go to either the DMD or DUIT section and choose the appropriate installer for your system. While you're there, check out everything else we have to offer, and tell us what you'd like to see. We're here to help the D community!
jcc7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: DMD & DUIT Installer for Linux and Windows Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
For those of you who have had trouble installing and configuring DMD and DUIT on your computer, DDev has developed simple installers that will do all of the work for you. Simply go to http://ddev.ratedo.com and go to either the DMD or DUIT section and choose the appropriate installer for your system.
Do you have permission from Walter Bright to distribute DMD?

I know it's a free download from the Digital Mars website, but the license prohibits redistribution without a special license: "The Software is copyrighted and comes with a single user license, and may not be redistributed. If you wish to obtain a redistribution license, please contact Digital Mars." (And I've never heard of Walter permitting redistribution other than for simply mirroring DMD 1.00.)
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've requested a Redistribution License from Digital Mars, however no one has gotten back with me yet.

If they don't give me the license, I'll have to alter the installers to automatically connect to the official site to download it upon initilization. That would conform to the license and still let the installers run.

I do hope to receive a response from them soon, however I don't think it'll be a problem as their package is merely included, not altered.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: