FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[done] context menu

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cracksloth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: [done] context menu Reply with quote

would you consider adding access to the explorer context menu when right clicking items in the rp playlist?

functions like copy, move, rename, delete could be handled in the explorer context menu and it would also provide access to a huge arsenal of other 3rd party tools (mass tag editors, audio editors, normalization tools, transcoders, post-processing tools, email to a friend, etc).

this feature would expand the abilities of rp without bloating the program and without having to code features that are already available in other products.

or at the very least, i would really like to see the ability to delete files to the recycle bin and move files - such context menu items seem to be necessary for sorting through new media.

thanks for the great program (i think i forgot to say that first)!
bobef

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... I will consider it... I had the idea to add few commands which will allow to populate the context menu with the recent files and the dvd menu... I will consider the explorer option too. Me personally, don't find that feature useful so it won't be in by default, but it is ok if it is optional (which means you will have to edit contextmenu.kfg and add one line manually)...

edit: thank you for your interest in rp (I forgot to say that Smile )
cracksloth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's great! another option to would be to have the explorer menu appear when right-clicking only when ctrl is held down. a normal right click would show the rp context menu (containing application specific actions like those you mentioned). just another idea!

Last edited by cracksloth on Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
cracksloth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen other programs that can add their own actions to the top of the explorer context menu (such as xyplorer). perhaps you can use this method to display all relevant right-click actions simultaneously.
bobef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sure, but you have to find an open source one... I tried but couldn't find any source code how to do it...
cracksloth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, although it isn't exactly what we have discussed, 7zip (open source) can access the explorer context menu. to access it, you have to enable the "show system menu" option. 7zip shows the explorer context menu in a flyout menu but the principle should be the same.
bobef

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. You will see the results in the next release.
cracksloth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome! can't wait!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: