FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compile/run on Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilsonk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Compile/run on Linux Reply with quote

Hey Joe,

I managed to compile yage on Fedora Core 5 (x86) after some problems (see the new wiki entry). Now when I try to run the demo I get a segfault at:

GL_ARB_shader_objects not supported. This is ok, but rendering will be limited to the fixed-function pipelone.
GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object not supported. This is still ok.
Yage has been initialized.
Loading sound '../res/music/celery - pages.ogg'.
Loading material '../res/fx/flare1.xml'.
Loading image '../res/fx/flare1.png'.
Uploading image '../res/fx/flare1.png' to video memory.
Segmentation fault

The back trace from GDB says the culprit is glFlush() after gluBuild1DMipMapLevels() in libGLU.so.1. I am using a dual Athlon 2400+ with a Radeon All-in-Wonder 8500DV (I like to watch tv while programming Wink I use the most recent "radeon" driver supplied with Xorg instead of the fglrx driver from ATI.

I wonder if the demo is dying when it gets "flushed" to because of the GL_ARB errors above? I use mesa 6.4.2 which may be too old??

I may try to change to the fglrx driver on my other machine with a radeon card......but that is x86_64 so the demo still may not run Shocked

Let me know if you have a guess,
K.Wilson
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like line line 181 of yage.resource.texture is to blame. I'm using the fglrx driver on linux myself, and Yage on linux is overdue for some uptaded testing.

On the Mesa 6.5.2 release notes, it looks like some bugs were fixed with gluBuild2DMipmaps().

If not, according to wikipedia:
Code:
It is sometimes possible to find subtle bugs in OpenGL applications by linking against Mesa 3D and using a conventional debugger to track problems into the lower level library.
So it may be a bug on my end still. I've tested the rendering paths for when those two ARB extensions you see aren't available and never had trouble before, so I highly doubt it has anything to do with them.
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent some time with Yage on Linux and added a build script in the proj folder similar to what you provided. I appreciate your work on the wiki and I'm sorry I have to deprecate your changes so quickly Confused.

I also tried my own buildme.d script on Linux with little success. First, I need to rewrite the linking portion to use gcc instead of dmd, and when I enable documentation generation I get the error:
Code:
Error: unrecognized file extension ddoc

As for my own runtime difficulties, I sometimes receive:
Code:
Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
just after loading resources and right right before the rendering loop. I can often simply just run it again and it works. I also get
Code:
FATAL: fglX11FreeBuffer: firegl_FreeBuffer() failed!
on program termination. And finally, ATI's driver can't compile many of the shaders (even though it claims to support ARB_shading_language_100), so I've limited renering to the fixed-function pipeline until I can figure something out.

[Edit]
I also updated to the latest Derelict which fixed the linking problems.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Yage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: