FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help for DBug and DMD 1.0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeti

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Help for DBug and DMD 1.0 Reply with quote

Hi,

do you already have a version of DBug that compiles with DMD 1.0?
The current SVN head has at least the bit vs. bool and public import problems, and some files appear to be missing (e.g. core/ref.d).

I'd like to help out if there's stuff to do.
My motivation comes from the lack of a D debugger for the otherwise very comprehensive CodeBlocks IDE. I want to have a decent work environment before i start porting a larger C++ codebase to D.
The simple approach of using a version of CDB with CodeBlocks failed just because there seems to be no CDB version that can do what WINDBG v4 that comes with DMD can (namely watching variables and loading CV symbols correctly). Besides, even that WINDBG ver is pretty ... rudimentary.

I've never implemented a debugger myself, either, but i think i've got the nessecary basic know-how on the compiler construction and assembly side. The rest should be work and discipline Wink

If you could commit your complete current version i'd also do the DMD 1.0 cleanup if you haven't done it, yet.

regards,
yeti
yeti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

being the impatient type, i started from scratch on my own, reusing ddl.coff - see http://ddbg.mainia.de for more details.
more to come...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DBug All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: