FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.di files and Bud/Derelict/Schooner interop issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baxissimo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: .di files and Bud/Derelict/Schooner interop issue Reply with quote

I'm not sure who's to blame here, but if you build Schooner using its built-in 'buildme.d' with the -version=useDerelict flag then, bud will ever after be unable to properly link with Derelict.

The problem is that schooner's buildme leaves .di files in the Derelict tree, and later when bud sees the .di files it decides to ignore the .d files.

That's mostly it, but see this thread for more info.
http://www.dsource.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2313

Like I said, I don't know if what schooner's doing with the .di's is wrong (it certainly seems anti-social to litter some other package's directories with any files that package didn't ask to have there), or if bud's behavior when it sees .di's is bad (seems reasonable to assume .di means user plans to link with a lib, but maybe that's assuming too much.) But either way something should change here. Building lib A should not cause future builds that use lib B to fail.
Bradley Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I know what was going wrong. The GLD buildme was using the -H option to generate .di files for GLD, but was also using including the source path for Derelict (for example -I../../derelict/DerelictGL). This causes bud to find the Derelict source files and include them in the compile. They are not needed for compiling, just for parsing; however, including them caused the .di files to be created.

Since I needed to support building GLD with either DMD or GDC, I removed the use of bud. I had too much difficulty figuring out how to configure bud for both DMD and GDC on both Linux and Windows. Now the .di files are only created for the GLD sources.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Bradley
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: