FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dwt for dmd 1.00 and linux port

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: dwt for dmd 1.00 and linux port Reply with quote

I was wondering how far along the linux port is currently. I'm interested in testing dwt as compared to dfl and dui.

also, is the dwt for dmd 1.00 that was posted recently official? if not, when will it be?
Wootery

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Issues with the D1.0 version Reply with quote

Speaking of the D1.0 port, I found a few minor issues.

When using bud/build, some batch files look for bud_win_3.04.exe, and others use build.exe.

Also, the ImageViewer example will not compile without a -d switch, which the batch files do not have.
test_rowlayout doesn't compile, with or without -d.

There could be other examples that don't work; I haven't tried them all.
torhu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The DWT for dmd 1.0 that was posted is as official as it gets, given that the original dwt developer hasn't committed anything or said a word in months.

But at least for linux, a new port of SWT is in the works. I've also heard that someone was talking about doing a new windows port. Tioport more or less automates translation from java to D, but I think the C platform API part has to be ported manually. So porting to linux doesn't give a you windows version for free.

http://www.dsource.org/projects/tioport

About the examples:

test_rowlayout.d will compile if you remove -Xdwt from the command line. This is caused by a change in the latest versions of dmd. dmd 1.0 works fine with dwt.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: