FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[fixed] some bugs/suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
konkov

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: [fixed] some bugs/suggestions Reply with quote

0. player 0.97
MPlayer dev-SVN-r21955-4.1.1

1. bug?
when opening menus while playing the movie, movie stops and cicles on the current second.
when I set player priority to Normal it playback lagged, but it stops no more while opening menus. until closing though.

2. bug?
when storing list of Recently Opened files that contain Cyrillic chars in filenames (not utf-8 chars) lines in list became larger and larger; and this files stop opening.
I think this because of escaping of not utf-8 chars when storing and then not UNescaping when reading.

3. unpleasant moment
when You exit player while in FullScreen mode and then reopen the player it starts in FullScreen mode again, painting all screen in black, resizing other windows etc. OS Windows 2000 pro.

as I guess reopening if FullScreen mode is due to internal variable w_fullscreen that on one hand toggles FullScreen and on the other hand handles StartInFullScreen flag. may be it is better to make 2 variables?

4. when registering videos with rulesPlayer -- which filetypes are associated? it seems to me that at least *.avi is missing.
bobef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: some bugs/suggestions Reply with quote

Quote:
1. bug?
when opening menus while playing the movie, movie stops and cicles on the current second.
when I set player priority to Normal it playback lagged, but it stops no more while opening menus. until closing though.

I can't say anything about that. Try with MPlayer rc1.

Quote:
2. bug?
when storing list of Recently Opened files that contain Cyrillic chars in filenames (not utf-8 chars) lines in list became larger and larger; and this files stop opening.
I think this because of escaping of not utf-8 chars when storing and then not UNescaping when reading.

This is regression in 0.97. I will fix it.

Quote:
3. unpleasant moment
when You exit player while in FullScreen mode and then reopen the player it starts in FullScreen mode again, painting all screen in black, resizing other windows etc. OS Windows 2000 pro.

as I guess reopening if FullScreen mode is due to internal variable w_fullscreen that on one hand toggles FullScreen and on the other hand handles StartInFullScreen flag. may be it is better to make 2 variables?

Yeah, I was thinking about that too but since nobody complained... There are two variables in fact. w_fullscreen should be reset on start up. To solve this problem create autoexec.kfg and write "w_fullscreen 0" in it.

Quote:
4. when registering videos with rulesPlayer -- which filetypes are associated? it seems to me that at least *.avi is missing.

No it is not missing. Everything that you can see under "mplayer videos" when you select file/open is registered. Maybe some other app is re-registering .avi with itself?
konkov

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: some bugs/suggestions Reply with quote

Quote:

Quote:
1. bug?

I can't say anything about that. Try with MPlayer rc1.

do not help.

Quote:

Quote:
3. unpleasant moment

Yeah, I was thinking about that too but since nobody complained... There are two variables in fact. w_fullscreen should be reset on start up. To solve this problem create autoexec.kfg and write "w_fullscreen 0" in it.

almost help.
on the moment I solved the problem this way: on keyboard shortcut I set "set w_fullscreen "0" && exit";
file->exit I just do not use when FullScreen.

thanks anyway.
bobef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will release 0.98 tonight with some small fixes and I will include fixes points 2 and 3 from your post too.
konkov

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea concerning pausing while menus are open:
playback is paused to apply changes from current playback position. am I right?
bobef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly. Some changes requires restart of MPlayer so it is restarted. Such items are indicated by (R)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: