FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bud on 64-bit linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aengus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject: Bud on 64-bit linux Reply with quote

While linking bud does not use -m32 option while running gcc. As a result, on the 64-bit linux system linker does not find appropriate libphobos.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how would Bud know if its running on a 64-bit system? Can I use the version(x86_64 ) statement?
zzzzrrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Bud on 64-bit linux Reply with quote

aengus wrote:
While linking bud does not use -m32 option while running gcc. As a result, on the 64-bit linux system linker does not find appropriate libphobos.

I have just discovered this issue on my x86_64 Suse 10.2 box. Has anyone found a solution? Any help would be appreciated!
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Bud on 64-bit linux Reply with quote

zzzzrrr wrote:
aengus wrote:

I have just discovered this issue on my x86_64 Suse 10.2 box. Has anyone found a solution? Any help would be appreciated!

Can't you just add the -m32 to the linker switches?

Code:

-L-m32

zzzzrrr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Bud on 64-bit linux Reply with quote

[/quote]

Code:

-L-m32
[/quote]

I actually modified the build.d file on line 155 to:

string vArgDelim = " -m32 ";

And it works!!! Whoo-Ho!

Not bad for a newb!
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bud on 64-bit linux Reply with quote

zzzzrrr wrote:

Code:

-L-m32
[/quote]

I actually modified the build.d file on line 155 to:

string vArgDelim = " -m32 ";

And it works!!! Whoo-Ho!

Not bad for a newb![/quote]
But not what I'd advocate. The configuration file is there for a purpose. The next release will force the configruation file to be used because there will be no compile-time literals defined for the various configurations.

However, the source is open so do what you see fit, but I cannot tell you that I will be putting them into the base source release.
zzzzrrr

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bud on 64-bit linux Reply with quote

[/quote]
But not what I'd advocate. The configuration file is there for a purpose. The next release will force the configruation file to be used because there will be no compile-time literals defined for the various configurations.

However, the source is open so do what you see fit, but I cannot tell you that I will be putting them into the base source release.[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the help. Since I'm VERY green to 'D', how do I go about modifying the linker switches with "-L-m32"?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: