FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-mail notification

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like TracNotification to be enabled?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Deewiant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: E-mail notification Reply with quote

Unless the general populace has something against this, would it be possible to enable E-mail notification for tickets in Trac? See, for instance, http://dsource.org/projects/tutorials/wiki/TracNotification on how this would be done. I find the option handy with the D Bugzilla and would continue to find it handy with dsource's Trac.

The reason people might have a problem with it is that it isn't configurable on a per-user basis. (Although it may be in the future, according to the following Trac ticket: http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4056 )
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is already enabled for all projects.
Derek Parnell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: E-mail notification Reply with quote

Deewiant wrote:
would it be possible to enable E-mail notification for tickets in Trac?

I get notifications through the RSS feed and that works fine for me.
Deewiant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
It is already enabled for all projects.

For the administrator of a project, or how? Looking at the TracNotification page again, I see that what I'm asking for is evidently a setting, always_notify_reporter - I want an E-mail for each (significant) change to each ticket I report.

The RSS feed, from what I understand, is per-project, but I'd prefer something simple and global.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the settings in the global trac.ini:
Code:
[notification]
always_notify_owner = true
always_notify_reporter = true
always_notify_updater = false
smtp_enabled = true
smtp_server = localhost
smtp_port = 25
smtp_from = noreply@dsource.org
smtp_replyto = noreply@dsource.org

If it's not working, let me know the project, the bug, affected users, and I'll see if I can hunt it down.

BA
Deewiant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I've managed to be an idiot. "When reporting a new ticket or adding a comment, enter a valid email address in the reporter, editor or cc field." That would help, now wouldn't it. Embarassed

I expect the stuff works if I actually give an E-mail address to send to, but I'll let you know if it doesn't. Wink

EDIT: i.e. I expected my E-mail address to automatically be set upon reporting a ticket, but evidently not. Fine by me, it does work if I do it manually.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're the reporter, it should say your dsource username on the ticket. Your email address is automatically linked with your username for sending out ticket notifications. It's one of many Trac hacks that I've done for dsource.

So, in Tango, if I'm either the reporter or the owner of a ticket, it says 'brad' and I get all the emails. Let me know if this isn't working for you, and in what project it isn't working.

BA
Deewiant

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:
If you're the reporter, it should say your dsource username on the ticket. Your email address is automatically linked with your username for sending out ticket notifications. It's one of many Trac hacks that I've done for dsource.

So, in Tango, if I'm either the reporter or the owner of a ticket, it says 'brad' and I get all the emails. Let me know if this isn't working for you, and in what project it isn't working.

Tango, for instance: http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/query?reporter=Deewiant

I got no E-mails until I set "cc" on Ticket 282 to my address, whereupon I got a mail saying that Deewiant set "cc" to <address>.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed. Trac ticket notifications now draw from all registered users at dsource, not just project members.

Thanks Deewiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: