FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FreeUniverse: Art of Development...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clayasaurus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: FreeUniverse: Art of Development... Reply with quote

Hey phr00t,

I've been mostly working on Arc, but I came up with a few ideas that might help freeuniverse...

First... how long do you plan to work on FreeUniverse?

1) Do not upgrade to the current version of Arc. I can slowly migrate /some/ things into here (like crisp font renderer), but otherwise FreeUniverse already has all the tech that it needs, and upgrading will be a huge PITA, not currently worth it IMO.

2) Concrete roadmap with small incremental version changes. Having a complete roadmap with a 'game done' status will prevent from working on one game forever and ever, unless you wish to do that. Having reachable 'versions' of the game will gain it more interest from others in the D community.

I think you/we should use the http://www.dsource.org/projects/freeuniverse/roadmap to set up the roadmap with, along with a 'game complete' roadmap. The problem is that you can not finish a game without knowing every single little detail that needs to go into the game.

I'll submit some ideas to the roadmap... do not put too many features for 1 version though Razz

FreeUniverse is already great fun btw.. ! Smile

*good luck*

~ Clay
Phr00t

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello world!

I am still alive Smile

I just successfully switched to a new job (yay!) So, I just might dust this project off and contiue to make it a great game!

Glad to see it is making a beta-playable state, hopefully some people will like to get in on this project Smile

- Jeremy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> FreeUniverse All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: