FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[done] "Open Folder" ability

View previous topic :: View next topic  
theshu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: [done] "Open Folder" ability Reply with quote

Hello! I found rulesPlayer a few days ago and want to say that this one gonna be my favorite player!
I know that scrolling/navigatin in DVDs is not working yet but i've found a strange workaround with mplayer:
when i use MPUI and drag and drop the video_ts folder into it it will play the entire dvd and navigating is also possible without any problems (also tested with a local copied dvd and renamed video_ts folder to someting else)!
So can you make rulesPlayer able to dragndrop folders into it and play all files in it, and play dvds as described?
Also a menu with "open folder" would be great. so i can open the videofolder over the menu and navigating in dvds still work....
about the GUI, i think its very easy to use and pretty too. there is just one annoying thing: on the right down edge, can you place a resize corner? i mean this little control wich is used for resizing windows. (you will also find this in wordpad, not notepad! for example) so it will be much easier and very comfortable to change the size of rulesplayer.
Thanks for this great GUI! Have a nice Day, theshu
bobef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind words. I like the idea about folders and I will implement it in the next release, but I don't know why are you experiencing problems navigation the DVD. It is true that MPlayer doesn't support DVD menus, but if you open a DVD from the file menu or open the video_ts.ifo file of the DVD, the playlist will be filled with the DVD contents so you can navigate easily, or you can use the Video/DVD menu if you prefer.
theshu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: navigating in DVD's Reply with quote

Hello again Smile
I 've tried it with some other DVD's but navigating still doesn't work. Let me explain this: When I open the Video_TS.IFO the playlist is filled with the contents that's right BUT:

When I want to use the navigationbar(not playlist) or timeline dunno whats the correct name but i think you know what i mean Wink...
The navigationbar only works on the first part of the DVD, when i try to view a scene f.e. after 1hour (or something later in the movie), the bar automatically resets to zero and the film starts from the beginning.
There is no way to use the bar anymore because on every click it resets to zero.

I think this problem is mplayer specific because I've the same results with MPUI. Only with the folder dragndrop (described above) it works without any problems and im able to jump to the scene/time I click on the navigation bar.
It also seems that the error occurs only when there are more than 1 VOBfiles.

The DVD's I used contains no menus and no chapters, and they're regionfree and without protection.
Just the IFO and VOBs in a folder f.e.
"Braveheart\xxxxx.vob"
"Braveheart\xxxxx.vob"
"Braveheart\xxxxx.vob"
"Braveheart\xxxxx.ifo"

And just another question: Is there an options Dialog for rulesPlayer in future planning?

I hope this helps to find the bug or issue. If you need more information I will try to help you with this! Good bye! theshu
bobef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now I see what you mean... Yes, you are right, this is MPlayer problem with handling DVDs. Here is a tip - although you can't drag/drop folders yet, you can drop multiple files. It works like winamp. Ie. dropping on the playlist is add, and dropping on the screen is replace.

About the options dialog - no, I have no plans at all to add such dialog. All common settings are in the menus, and there are some more options which are not so common. They can be accessed trough the console, but they are still undocumented (and probably will never be unless someone asks). You can type varlist to see all the variables. If something catch your attention, but you are not sure what is it - just ask.
theshu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip!
So now I'm happy with the playlist Smile
I will post, if I have some new ideas for your player...
bye, theshu
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: