FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 9 -- Tango'ed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: June 9 -- Tango'ed! Reply with quote

OK, so the conversion went a lot quicker than I expected. MiniD is now completely Tango-ified. Sorry to those of you using Phobos Confused But if you get Tango and Tangobos, you'll still be able to use MiniD and Phobos Smile

This update is kind of preliminary; the Stream, io.File, io.stdin, io.stdout, io.stderr, and the baselib readf function are all missing, so don't get this update unless you really really want to try it out (or if you're using Tango and you've never been able to use MiniD before). Most of these missing items are because Tango's IO model is (1) not anything like Phobos' and (2) in a state of flux which, when finished, will make it easier to add support for these things back to MiniD. readf() doesn't exist because there's no unformatting support in Tango. In the meantime, though, you can still get some kind of console input with the new readln() function.

Most of MiniD has, however, remained the same. I've tried to make all the stdlib functions behave as closely as possible to how they did before. There's one main difference, and that's formatted output. I'll put the description for that in the baselib.format wiki.

Here are a couple of other changes:

• The baselib PerfCounter class no longer has a period() method.
  • Changed the MDNoDynLibs version to MDDynLibs; if you define the MDDynLibs version, you'll get a compile-time error because they don't work. Yet. But you no longer have to declare the MDNoDynLibs version.
  • The compiler should now accept any kind of ASCII or Unicode text encoding.
  • ~= for arrays has switched back to the old way (instead of resizing and copying, it just concats everything on one item at a time). This is confusingly faster.

I hope that the Tango IO stuff is completed in the near future, so that MiniD can get streaming IO back. Now formatted input, that's another issue altogether..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: