FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status of autocompletion?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhasenan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Status of autocompletion? Reply with quote

There seem to be some autocompletion functions in leds, from what I've read in the source. Certainly how it was designed, it should be relatively simple to implement autocompletion, and along with it have the object browser update itself while editing (which it currently doesn't).

Specifically, there's a function canAutoComplete, a getAutoCompleteList in CodeBlock, and a few other things. If the parsing is accurate (and it seems to be reasonable, from the outline view), then all that should be left to do is hooking up the events and updating the object list in memory.

Someone reasonably familiar with the LEDS codebase should be able to do this fairly quickly, I think. Is there a particular reason this hasn't been done, other than Ant being incredibly overworked?
Ant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Status of autocompletion? Reply with quote

dhasenan wrote:
There seem to be some autocompletion functions in leds, from what I've read in the source. Certainly how it was designed, it should be relatively simple to implement autocompletion, and along with it have the object browser update itself while editing (which it currently doesn't).

Specifically, there's a function canAutoComplete, a getAutoCompleteList in CodeBlock, and a few other things. If the parsing is accurate (and it seems to be reasonable, from the outline view), then all that should be left to do is hooking up the events and updating the object list in memory.

Someone reasonably familiar with the LEDS codebase should be able to do this fairly quickly, I think. Is there a particular reason this hasn't been done, other than Ant being incredibly overworked?

You're right on every thing.
and right to the point that what you describe use on work fine on previous versions.
Right now I'm trying to use GtkSourceView instead of Scintilla but it segfaults frequently... Embarassed
I'm also planing to move leds to Tango, but that's a lot of work...

finally I think only you, me and AK use leds... Confused

Ant
okibi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use leds at home, pn2 at work.

Gotta love leds!

Also, how is the GtkSourceView implementation going? What are you getting segfaults from? Just wondering as I wrote an XML editor using GtkSourceView with gtkD.
dhasenan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, if leds had autocompletion, it'd have a much larger userbase, given that no other D editor has autocompletion. And I think it probably already has a decent one, considering the size of the community.

Of course, a Windows port would also help, but that takes a much larger effort. (Though since GTK is available for Windows, I'm not sure how much larger an effort it would be.)
okibi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that there already is a Windows port...
Ant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:

you're right.
http://www.dsource.org/projects/leds/browser/downloads/leds_windows_preview_4.zip
I do use it myself but th only thing I do on windows is maintain gtkD and leds.

Ant
Ant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okibi wrote:
I use leds at home, pn2 at work.

Gotta love leds!

Also, how is the GtkSourceView implementation going? What are you getting segfaults from? Just wondering as I wrote an XML editor using GtkSourceView with gtkD.

It segfaults on saving, when leds execute a process to compile the unit being saved.
So I'm not sure if it's really the SourceView or... but doesn't happen with Scintilla.

let me try make the unit compile synchronous instead of spawning a phobos thread... Exclamation , it worked, now I can't segfault it Smile

now I can use my time on more productive goals...

Ant
okibi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm glad you got it to work! Can't wait for the finished product!

Yeah, I only use leds on Linux. I don't do much programming on Windows so there is no need for me to get it.
dhasenan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I had missed the autocomplete option in preferences. Now I'm almost in love.
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
okibi wrote:

you're right.
http://www.dsource.org/projects/leds/browser/downloads/leds_windows_preview_4.zip

Ant

can someone please tell me how i use this windows-preview. the only thing i see in the zip file is a file without any extension which i dont know how to use?!

i would like to try leds on windows
Ant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extrawurst wrote:
Ant wrote:
okibi wrote:

you're right.

Ant

can someone please tell me how i use this windows-preview. the only thing i see in the zip file is a file without any extension which i dont know how to use?!

i would like to try leds on windows

That is the leds executable.
rename it to leds.exe (or leds_p4.exe) an go.

(please follow the project and target definition closelly from
http://leds.sourceforge.net/userManualPage.html
or you'll loose great part of leds power.
and that's not up to date so things moved around a bit)

Ant
mirceade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the D thing is going to be big. It will be what python should have been.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> leds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: