FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Final Const Invariant stuff

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CedX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Final Const Invariant stuff Reply with quote

I'm using version 2 of D Language, which introduced constness improvement. But Descent doesn't recognize const/final/invariant syntax. When will this functionality be implemented ?
Eclipse is definitely my favorite editor so it's quite annoying that my files seem to have plenty of syntax errors that in fact are legal code.
(sorry for my English, French people are not good in foreign languages)
Stefan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Don't consider 2.0 now Reply with quote

2.0 is ALPHA, it's out for less than two weeks now & it receives lots of hot debates on the D forum. IMHO, Descent shouldn't consider that (yet). Instead focus on the stable 1.0 branch.

My 2c,
Stefan
asterite

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Final Const Invariant stuff Reply with quote

As Stephan said, we don't know yet if to implement final/invariant/const stuff in Descent. A switch could be enabled, but all of this may change suddenly because version 2.0 is in alpha stage... Let's wait a little and see what happens.

Maybe I'll add support for 2.0 in the next release, but there's some other work which seems more important right now (mostly, the build system).

Regards,
Ary
CedX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right but Walter Bright seems to already have made his choice. Go see the D specification :

http://www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html
or
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/final-const-invariant.html

What do you see on top of page ? "D Programming Language 2.0" !
So you should seriously consider to add final/const/invariant syntax to your "to do" list.

PS : even if Descent lack of final/const/invariant support, it's IMHO the best D editor out there (thanks Eclipse and you guys).
asterite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: