FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yage Project Request
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upgraded to dmd .175 (just missed .176) and my build script fails under it. Looks like it's not my fault:
Code:
c:\dev\env\dmd\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(ti_double)  Offset 01AFEH Record Type 0091
 Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __init_10TypeInfo_d
c:\dev\env\dmd\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(ti_double)  Offset 01B18H Record Type 0091
 Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __Class_10TypeInfo_d
c:\dev\env\dmd\bin\..\lib\phobos.lib(ti_double)  Offset 01B31H Record Type 0091
 Error 1: Previous Definition Different : __vtbl_10TypeInfo_d

Anyway, I tested Derek Parnell's Build utility (bud) and everything seems to build correctly with it. Navigate to yage/src, type bud -clean yage/main.d, move the compiled binary to the yage/bin folder and run it.

I still plan to update the build script.
Deformative

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the way system.input is implemented. I would prefer the ability to set a function pointer or delegate that will be executed for each type of event, Delegate may be better...

Pseudo code:
class Input{
void delegate() onPress;

mainLoop(){
while(1){
if(pressed){
if(onPress) onPress();
}
}
}

Pretty simple.

Also, I would prefer a better method for knowing when a key is pressed, cycling through a 1024 element array isn't very fun. Maybe a ushort for latestKey or something in addition to the current.

And an easy way to have a cursor, while still grabbing it.

For the cursor, a way to know if a node is clicked on. I am clueless how that would be implemented, but very useful anyways...

Just a few suggestions.
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deformative,

I agree 100%. System.input is one of the oldest modules and a large part of version 0.3 will be to refactor all input into callback methods like you mentioned above, probably mirroring a lot of the same events as what javascript has.

Even beyond this, I'm actually hoping to create a new layer class, where each instance can accept events, have a background texture (optionally from a camera, text, support nesting inside of other layers, and accept a range of css styling options). It would essentially be similar to an html dom element. I think this method would grant the most flexibility.

However, before any of this I'd like to "port" Yage to a variety of Windows XP, Vista, and Linux machines to find and fix a lot of the issues that are continually brought up in this forum. And before that, I need to find time to actually work on Yage again. I've said it before, but writing Yage is a lifelong goal for me and it's not something I'll give up. These last couple months have just been excessively busy.
Deformative

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm.. alright, well, I cannot work around much of the features.. I say this because it is not my media, I am working around existing media and several things will need to be changed. I really need to have the delegates for input, a cursor, glUnProject, and to load material without an xml file, so I will implement them myself. I am also making several loaders (unfortunately Ragnarok is inconsistent with what 3d format it uses.)

I do not want to be rude and make a fork... Nonetheless, I am going to need to implement several features. Not sure how you want to handle this, your free to use my modifications, or I could just use inheritance if you want me to keep everything separated.
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's cool if you want to fork, even maybe a temporary fork. It's not rude at all and I think it's cool that you want to help. Give me this weekend to commit a few smaller changes I've made here and there and I'll work with you as best as I can to help you implement the features you want, even if I don't have much time. If we can agree on a roadmap for these new features, I can even look into giving you SVN access.

We'll talk about it more on AIM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Yage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: