FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't commit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smjg

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Can't commit Reply with quote

Is the Subversion commit facility down at the moment, or has my user account become corrupt?

There's no means I can see of having a Subversion password different from the password I use to log into the website. Yet when I try to commit, I always get a password prompt and then this:
Quote:
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKACTIVITY of '/projects/deimos/!svn/act/8f6faa4b-7d1b-cf46-a91e-ffffe79b8d
46': authorization failed (http://svn.dsource.org)

It used to work, though this might have been only on my old computer. I've tried a few different passwords just in case one of the other passwords I use for things has found its way here, and still get the same error (though the hexadecimal numbers vary from attempt to attempt).

Stewart.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clear out your svn auth cache and try again.

If the website is up, SVN is up.

BA
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upon looking further, you do not have commit rights to the Deimos repos. I'd need to hear from Arcane Jill allowing someone to assume admin rights to the project... Or maybe there already is some email to this effect?

BA
smjg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brad wrote:

What does the auth cache hold besides usernames and passwords - which SVN prompts for if they're wrong anyway?

FWIW I've just found the path you seem to be talking about

C:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth

but it contains nothing but empty folders - svn.simple, svn.ssl.server, svn.username.
brad wrote:
Upon looking further, you do not have commit rights to the Deimos repos.

It wasn't just Deimos - bindings was shutting me out as well (I'm an established contributor to the win32 stuff there). But committing to that project worked when I tried again a moment ago. (And now there's something in the auth cache.)
brad wrote:
I'd need to hear from Arcane Jill allowing someone to assume admin rights to the project...

Has anybody managed to contact Jill since she vanished without a trace just under three years ago?
brad wrote:
Or maybe there already is some email to this effect?

Or maybe where is?

Stewart.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smjg wrote:
brad wrote:

What does the auth cache hold besides usernames and passwords - which SVN prompts for if they're wrong anyway?

This sounds like a question for the Subversion people, their mailing list, or Google.

smjg wrote:

FWIW I've just found the path you seem to be talking about

C:\Users\Stewart\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth

but it contains nothing but empty folders - svn.simple, svn.ssl.server, svn.username.
brad wrote:
Upon looking further, you do not have commit rights to the Deimos repos.

It wasn't just Deimos - bindings was shutting me out as well (I'm an established contributor to the win32 stuff there). But committing to that project worked when I tried again a moment ago. (And now there's something in the auth cache.)
brad wrote:
I'd need to hear from Arcane Jill allowing someone to assume admin rights to the project...

Has anybody managed to contact Jill since she vanished without a trace just under three years ago?
brad wrote:
Or maybe there already is some email to this effect?

Or maybe where is?

Stewart.

I was merely inquiring if you (or anyone else) had an email from Jill before she went poof, saying that she transfers Admin rights of Deimos. If so, I could give Admin rights to that person. If not, you need to try to contact her. If you don't hear anything for a period of time, say 10 days, I'll give you Admin rights.

btw, I'm making this up as I go, so if it needs to be longer to protect project admins, or shorter to 'strike while the iron is hot,' I'm open to feedback. It is somewhat appealing to hook up willing admins to dead^H^H^H^H inactive projects.

BA
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: