FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Build doesnt compile on 32bit Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Build doesnt compile on 32bit Linux Reply with quote

I've been trying to compile build on Ubuntu, but it keeps gving me all sorts of errors.

I've tried the "change the util/macro.d filename" technique. That didnt work.

I tried adding a "-v1" to Makefile.unix, it gives me a motherload of errors.

How can i compile bud on Linux?
andre_nho

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Copy the util/macro.d to util/macre.d
2. Change all references from 'macro' to 'macre' in the files. You can try to compile, the compile will return the lines where you must chage, then you go, make the changes and try to compile again.
3. Do step 3 until all errors are fixed.[/b]
adil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already done that earlier, but re-did just the same. I get loads of linking errors. They are too numerous to copy paste here. They run off the screen. If i save the output of the compile by outputting it like so

Code:
make -f Makefile.unix > output.txt

i get

Code:
 dmd -op -release -inline -L-lphobos -v1 -ofbuild build.d util/pathex_bn.d util/pathex.d source_bn.d util/str.d build_bn.d util/booltype.d util/fdt_bn.d util/str_bn.d source.d util/fdt.d util/fileex.d util/fileex_bn.d util/linetoken.d util/linetoken_bn.d util/macre.d util/file2.d
gcc build.o util/pathex_bn.o util/pathex.o source_bn.o util/str.o build_bn.o util/booltype.o util/fdt_bn.o util/str_bn.o source.o util/fdt.o util/fileex.o util/fileex_bn.o util/linetoken.o util/linetoken_bn.o util/macre.o util/file2.o -o build -m32 -lphobos -Xlinker -L~/Desktop/dmd/dmd/lib -lphobos -lpthread -lm
--- errorlevel 1

Dont know if that helps. Here's my make file :

Code:
DMD=dmd
DFLAGS=-op -release -inline -v1
SOURCES=build.d util/pathex_bn.d util/pathex.d source_bn.d util/str.d build_bn.d util/booltype.d util/fdt_bn.d util/str_bn.d source.d util/fdt.d util/fileex.d util/fileex_bn.d util/linetoken.d util/linetoken_bn.d util/macre.d util/file2.d

all: build

build: $(SOURCES)
   $(DMD) $(DFLAGS) -of$@ $(SOURCES)

clean:
   rm -f *.o build
   rm -f util/*.o
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: