FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access Violation -- again...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Access Violation -- again... Reply with quote

Hello.

I've downloaded the latest trunk (r60).
It crashes with access violation during texture loading (rocky2.jpg).

PC specs: Core2Duo 1.7 Ghz, 1 Gb RAM, with on-board video card (Intel's, can't remember the full name, sorry) -- it's a laptop.

By the way, are you planning to transition to tango? =)

Best regards.
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you're using windows or linux but I just recompiled the windows version and commited the updated yage3d.exe into the repo. It was previously compiled as of rev55 which was known to have some garbage collection bugs that could cause crashes like that (but usually not at load time). If that doesn't fix it, I'm not sure what will without actually having access to your setup.

You might also add your experience to this page so if anyone developing yage has access to similar hardware, they can take a look at it.
Linker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Windows XP SP2 (in the original message, it was Windows Vista).

I've tried to run Yage on another computer: it crashed, but after installing newer drivers for my video-card, I've managed to run Yage3D demo, and it turned out be an asteriods game. Smile

I've noticed some really strange-looking artifacts: occasionally, lit surfaces become totally black, but when you change the viewing direction slightly, they become lit again.

My PC specs: P4 2.4 Ghz HTT, 512 Mb RAM, GFFX 5700 LE 256 Mb, running Windows XP SP2
JoeCoder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I need to rewrite some of the shaders while using a machine with nvidia graphics, as I've noticed the same thing with my Vista machine here at work.

There's also a camera issue that came up a few revisions ago with it freaking out at a certain angle, FYI.

Glad you got it to work though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Yage All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: