FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hybridation ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lalebarde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Hybridation ? Reply with quote

Hello,

It is one month I spider D documentation and forums, trying to get a D SDK under Linux. I have managed to do it under code::blocks and eclipse, but with no debugger. I have tried GDB patches with no success. I am upset with this nightmare. I don't want to use a langage without a debugger.

As a turnaround, is it possible to build a D module under windows (taking benefit from ddbg), and to link it under Linux in a C++ project. Obviously, the D module would not include any system call. Or is a binary strictly OS specific in any case ?

My last alternative would be to recompile my D modules under Linux
ShprotX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: Hybridation ? Reply with quote

lalebarde wrote:
Hello,
It is one month I spider D documentation and forums, trying to get a D SDK under Linux. I have managed to do it under code::blocks and eclipse, but with no debugger. I have tried GDB patches with no success. I am upset with this nightmare. I don't want to use a langage without a debugger.

Code:Blocks supports D debugging without any patches.
lalebarde

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Linux Surprised ?

My Code::Blocks version is : svn build rev 4105, under Gentoo Linux 2007.0
And the debugger does not work on my installation. I can set breakpoints. But when the debugger stops, the line is not highlighted. Variable contants are not accessible. When resume, debugger exits, even if there are other breakpoints.

Here is a session :
Code:
Setting breakpoints
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb 6.6
In main () ()
Program exited normally.
Debugger finished with status 0

Here is my configuration :
Code:
Linux PCTRAVAIL 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 #3 Wed Jul 11 22:08:38 CEST 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Thanks for your answer.
div0

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lalebarde wrote:
Under Linux Surprised ?

And the debugger does not work on my installation. I can set breakpoints. But when the debugger stops, the line is not highlighted. Variable contants are not accessible. When resume, debugger exits, even if there are other breakpoints.

Here is a session :
Code:
Setting breakpoints
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb 6.6
In main () ()
Program exited normally.
Debugger finished with status 0

Here is my configuration :
Code:
Linux PCTRAVAIL 2.6.20-gentoo-r8 #3 Wed Jul 11 22:08:38 CEST 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Thanks for your answer.

I think they've newly broken it. Doesn't work with ddbg under windows at the moment.

You could try eclipse & the descent plugin, with ddbug, works quite nicely under 'doze.
lalebarde

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already tried eclipse+descent but under Linux, with a patched gdb for D, but debugging does not work. I will try under windows.

But trully speaking, at this point, I am backing to C++. I am not geeck enough for so much nightmare installations and setup. I do miss D SDK are not mature.
ShprotX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lalebarde wrote:
Under Linux Surprised ?

I have GNU/Linux Ubuntu Gutsy, Code::Blocks svn build rev 4193. All works well. Maybe, I am not lucky Smile
div0

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lalebarde wrote:
I already tried eclipse+descent but under Linux, with a patched gdb for D, but debugging does not work. I will try under windows.

But trully speaking, at this point, I am backing to C++. I am not geeck enough for so much nightmare installations and setup. I do miss D SDK are not mature.

I know what you mean, the only library I've managed to get working so far is DUI.
Nothing else compiles, or compiles and then doesn't link. Sad
Still I'm a stubborn sod so I'm going to crack on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Build All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: