FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Docking, Toolbar, tabbed MDI

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BLS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Docking, Toolbar, tabbed MDI Reply with quote

Hi Chris,
I would like to see this features in DFL ...
http://www.beyondata.com/pwc.html

To name the most important features:
Docking like wxAUI, tabbed MDI childs,rebar control ...

I've allready started to translate the C++ sources into D, but it seems to be a waste of time because DFL allready has a lot of features. So why reinventing the wheel.
I would be nice if you'll have a look, and let me know what you think.

The probabely most difficult thing is to translate pwc message handling (which is similar to MFC MessageMap) to DFL.

In case that you'll have a look at the sources :
IMO the Capp*, CWin*,CFrame* , as well as the SWCext files are very interesting;

And yes, I am willing to contribute in that I am willing to translate required C++ sources. But first things first. I need your opinion.
Kind regards, Bjoern
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Docking, Toolbar, tabbed MDI Reply with quote

The source files say
Quote:
Copyright 2003 Francisco Campos. All rights reserved.
BEYONDATA PROPRIETARY. Use is subject to license terms.
but I don't see the license, and the word proprietary doesn't sound good.

Anything you would like to do with DFL can be contributed to the AddOns. For inclusion in DFL, I require libpng/zlib license or less restricting, and following the DFL style.

DFL will be getting rebar, and I'm contemplating adding something called DockPane (maybe soon).

I'm not sure what else to say about PWC at this time. It does have some nice features. Feel free to reply with more information or requests.
BLS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Docking, Toolbar, tabbed MDI Reply with quote

Chris Miller wrote:

The source files say Copyright 2003 Francisco Campos. All rights reserved.
BEYONDATA PROPRIETARY. Use is subject to license terms.but I don't see the license, and the word proprietary doesn't sound good.

Also I found this on his PWC site

It is free, use it as you please, I only would like you to give me some credit in your developments, as you can see it is a job that consumed a lot of my time and it is not easy to make something from zero.

I'll contact him. And yes, a lot of nice features.
Bjoern
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: