FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem (CPU load raises gradually)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kriss

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Problem (CPU load raises gradually) Reply with quote

Greetings!
First of all I'd like to say thank you for this good program!
But regrettably I'm unable to use it, and I'll try to describe why:
when I'm opening video file (tried many different formats) player.exe process gradually starts to gather more and more CPU resources (let's say 1% per 2 seconds, MPlayer.exe process acts in normal way). If I try to push Ctrl+Alt+Del or open any of rulesPlayer menus it just hangs completely.
Tried to reinstall MPlayer and rulesPlayer. Also tried different versions of MPlayer (official 1.0rc1-3.4.2 and september 21 build).
rulesPlayer version 0.99.3
Everything was tested with default configuration, and with various Framedrop, Postprocessing and Audio output (DirectSound, Win32)
Other GUI (like MPUI and SMPlayer) works fine, but looks like your player is fast, clean, and can be used on various computers (uses everything in its own dir only) so I'd like to be able to use it... Sad
Do you need more information about this?
P.S. As stupid as it might be, I remember some cases where opening menu or a window ("About", "Clip information") returned CPU usage to sane level...
bobef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for your interest.
Try to change the MPlayer priority from the file menu. I can't think anything else in the moment. Please see if this works.
Kriss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me for bothering you.
It wan't much of a problem, only lack of intellect in my case Smile
You see, I didn't try to add -quiet to command line options, so in the end it wasn't just unnecessary information, but excessive CPU usage.
Ironicaly, once I even commented out this line in "config" file by myself (although most of the installations had this file empty by default, so I assumed it wasn't such a big deal.)

However it creates directory font cache directory inside its own (.\MPlayer\rulesPlayer\Mplayer\Fonts),
although I have "Mplayer" directory with "rulesPlayer" inside so path to MPlayer.exe looks like "..\\MPlayer.exe"

BTW I use "fontconfig" and ass=yes but mp_font points to windows\fonts\arial.ttf
I'm not sure but most likely I can choose font only by typing font = "Zrnic Cyr" in config or something similar in command line...
Of course I can edit this file directly and it's probably better since I don't need to change it often, but just so you know.

Good player, clean and fast. That's what I needed. Thanks again!
P.S. Also excuse me for my English...
bobef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am not sure I understand you completely. If you want to change the font open the console and type: mp_font "your\font\goes\here"
Kriss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I wanted to say is that AFAIK if I type in MPlayer config
fontconfig = yes
ass= yes

then I choose font for OSD and subtitles not by typing
font = "your\font\goes\here"
or like this in rulesPlayer config.kfg
set mp_font "your\font\goes\here"

but by typing this (MPlayer)
font = "Zrnic Cyr"
rulesPlayer:
set mp_font "Zrnic Cyr"
and in mp_params "... -font \"$$mp_font\" ..."

tried set mp_font "\"Zrnic Cyr\"" with no luck

In other words with fontconfig you need to type font name (internal), not path
From manual:
Quote:
NOTE: With FreeType, this option determines the path to the text font file. With fontconfig, this option determines the fontconfig font name.

I just wanted to note this thing about fontconfig, nothing more actually... Smile
bobef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I understand this time. But I have no idea what fontconfig is Smile I think it is some kind of linux thing Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> rulesPlayer All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: