FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Example of using simple ini-file as backing store?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baxissimo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:03 am    Post subject: Example of using simple ini-file as backing store? Reply with quote

Some more examples would really help. In particular it would be nice if you could put an example up of how to combine ini-file and command line args.

(sorry for all the questions -- just thought it best to jot them down somewhere while they're fresh on my mind)
aarti_pl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are really lot of examples in FunctionTest.d file. Amongst other there are also examples using CommandLineStorage and ConfigFileStorage.

Nevertheless I will put one on wiki.

Questions are a good thing. Feel free to give some more Wink
baxissimo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aarti_pl wrote:
There are really lot of examples in FunctionTest.d file. Amongst other there are also examples using CommandLineStorage and ConfigFileStorage.

Yes. Too many. With too little explanation. I have no idea what each one is trying to show. Or really where one example ends and another begins even.

aarti_pl wrote:

Nevertheless I will put one on wiki.

That would be great.
aarti_pl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try to prepare "Usage examples" page with examples and some more comments.

BTW. ConfigFileStorage does not create file if it does not exist. I want to change this behaviour in next update.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aarti_pl wrote:
I will try to prepare "Usage examples" page with examples and some more comments.

That would be a big help.

aarti_pl wrote:

BTW. ConfigFileStorage does not create file if it does not exist. I want to change this behaviour in next update.

I don't really understand how the multiple storage thing is intended to work. Seems like the config file storage options are all going to have different names from command line options in general (I think the docs said "section.option" instead of just "option"?), so when you 'sync' command line options to the file, what gets stored in the file?

Anyway if there was a basic example it would probably answer all those questions and give me something to tinker with to figure out how it works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Doost All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: