FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DFL project; porting; contributors

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: DFL project; porting; contributors Reply with quote

Hello all in D land. I just got DFL setup as a full project on dsource and committed the code, including the beginning of a GTK fork. I decided to fork the code and have two separate code bases; it just seems easier, especially since when I started DFL I had no interest in porting. I'm still very early in the process of working with GTK and would like some help. The current DFL GTK code compiles and shows a Form, at least for me; except I can't get it to show child controls, currently a label. The gtk directory contains an old directory that just contains some old code before I decided to start over, but it contains some stuff that could be moved over to the new code but I just haven't done it yet.

If you're interested in contributing, please let me know!

Also, the DFL project here on dsource probably needs a new description, since it won't just be win32. If anyone wants to come up with a better description, please do.

Any other feedback is welcome as well.

Thanks,
- Chris
JJR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!

Looking good, Chris!

I've been waiting for dfl to show up on dsource... and a GTK port too? Nice!
JJR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, it looks like the gtk directory is missing the "internal" subdirectory that contains all the gtk definitions?
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops Smile just put it up; thanks.
Alan Knowles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Use the code in GTKD/duit Reply with quote

Maintaining GTK bindings manually is not really that feasible - have a look at the generator code in DUIT/GTKD it parses the html documentation and generates the bindings from there.. - you only really need the files gtkd puts in /gtkd AFAIR.

I use a forked version for the dmdscript/gtk bindings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: