FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Status of MiniD + DSSS + Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Status of MiniD + DSSS + Linux Reply with quote

[edit]Things are happy now. All is well.

OK, so I've been messing around with getting DSSS and GDC and everything playing nice on my Linux box. I've removed the 'dsss clean' postbuild step from the dsss.conf as it messed up the net install.

However, there are some mysterious problems: test and minidc cause completely random segfaults when run after having been installed or just compiled with dsss. mdcl, though, works fine. I've been trying to figure out what's causing the segfaults in the other programs to no avail: gdb is absolutely atrocious to use and zerobugs is a bit buggy, but it seems like for some reason, some vtbl offsets are getting completely borked (i.e. pointing to 2. the address 2. that doesn't work.). Of course I have no idea how, why, or when this happens. I also haven't been successful in getting bu[il]d to work on Linux, so I can't compare.

If anyone's had any issues with this kind of stuff when building Tango projects under DSSS, let me know. Again, I have no idea what's causing this or if it's DSSS's or Tango's fault.

Last edited by JarrettBillingsley on Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember this (or something similar) happening a long time ago with DUI (GtkD) - it was clearly a compiler bug, but was triggered by the dubious practice of putting imports into a scope (in that case classes). The imports had been done that way then to avoid forward references back when the problem was very much worse than it is now.
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it! Turns out it's a bug in GDC with nested classes. this.outer gives a bogus pointer or something. I'll see if I can get a repro and add it to bugzilla if it's not there already.

I'll commit.
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so now I just realized that DSSS net install will always install the head revision, unless that's something I can change. This means that crap I'm working on and have committed to the repo will be checked out instead of the latest stable release. I've emailed Gregor about this and will get back..
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, so I've put a notice on the main wiki page about MiniD and DSSS; it's probably best to checkout or download the latest stable revision of MiniD, and then do a manual "dsss build" and "dsss install" in its directory, rather than using "dsss net install minid". This is until DSSS gets better versioning support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: