FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Debugging?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michaelc97

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Debugging? Reply with quote

I have been able to set breakpoints, now how can i set watch variables.

Ok guyz i have been tryin to millions of times to add watch variables. but i just cant. if its so easy to do the breakpoints how can i do watch variables. please help me.

Is this even implemented? if not can someone do it, or at least tell me how can I go about trying to implement this in my build(source).
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Debugging? Reply with quote

michaelc97 wrote:
I have been able to set breakpoints, now how can i set watch variables.

Ok guyz i have been tryin to millions of times to add watch variables. but i just cant. if its so easy to do the breakpoints how can i do watch variables. please help me.

Is this even implemented? if not can someone do it, or at least tell me how can I go about trying to implement this in my build(source).

Set the breakpoints is ctrl + left click unitl poseidon using the lastest scintilla lib( maybe 1.74 ), newer scintilla can use more margins to set and show breakpoints.

After push the bug( Run Debugger ), poseidon will compile the project with -g compiler option and excute ddbg.exe, but it won't start running the debugger until we push the "Run/Resume" button( send the r to ddbg ) to run the ddbg.

After running the ddbg, we can push the Refresh button( left side Variables window, if we don't run th ddbg, the button is disabled ), it should show all variables. There is an another "chain" button, if it is selected, the variables will auto-update when step-in , step-over or step-return.

Sometimes poseidon can't catch the ddbg message correctly, I've modified it( maybe... Embarassed ), I'll commit the code tonight or tomorrow. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: