FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

About D style guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mastermemorex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: About D style guide Reply with quote

What is the reason why not using capital letters in functions in D style guide Question

In C++ doesnt seem something very important since functions has a distinctive pattern (they always have brackets) and for me it is just a matter of personal taste.

But in D it seems that there is no a clear distinction between fields, properties and functions and that can be important. For example, if I see vector.length I cant know if it is a field or it is a function that involves hard calculations or if it is a read only property. Confused

Wont be better to use function names be capitalized. At least this will differentiate them from variable names?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: