FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DDBG and Poseidon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lmartin92

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 5:03 pm    Post subject: DDBG and Poseidon Reply with quote

How do you use ddbg with poseidon. I've got it to say run but it gets in the middle of loading dlls and says 4invalid UTF-8 sequence.

I don't know what this is all I know is that this works with codeblocks. I'm sticking with poseidon because of its code completion but ddbg support would be awsome.

Thankyou,
Lester L. Martin II
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: DDBG and Poseidon Reply with quote

lmartin92 wrote:
How do you use ddbg with poseidon. I've got it to say run but it gets in the middle of loading dlls and says 4invalid UTF-8 sequence.

I don't know what this is all I know is that this works with codeblocks. I'm sticking with poseidon because of its code completion but ddbg support would be awsome.

Thankyou,
Lester L. Martin II

Hmm....modify the poseidon code about debugger is necessary, because of my buggy code..... Embarassed

I need to learn catch the console output correctly, the code will be modified in future, please wait...... Embarassed
lmartin92

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Waiting Reply with quote

Oh,
Waiting will be easy. I would not ask you to hurry because rush=bugs and I don't want bugs. Could you predict your next svn update that fixes that Very Happy . I'd be happy to test new versions(given I don't have to compile them) Very Happy . Thankyou for even considering that. If you want some more information on this problem then please go to the digitalmars.d.debugger forum as lots of details have been posted there and I have no wisht to repost them though will do so if it fits your convenience.

Lester L. Martin II
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Waiting Reply with quote

I've visited digitalmars.d.debugger forum and read the messages, whether it's poseidon's problems or not, I still should make poseidon better. Very Happy

Dose this problem appear with ddbg0.1?
lmartin92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its 0.11 preview and I found out its just that when your IDE links it doesn't pass the -g switch to the linker. I'm trying to see if that's it and so far it is. If you fix that we'll have it ready for debuging.

Thankyou,
Lester L. Martin II
lmartin92

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Yay Reply with quote

Its 0.11 preview and I found out its just that when your IDE links it doesn't pass the -g switch to the linker. I'm trying to see if that's it and so far it is. If you fix that we'll have it ready for debuging.

Thankyou,
Lester L. Martin II
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Yay Reply with quote

lmartin92 wrote:

Thankyou,
Lester L. Martin II

No -g option pass to linker? Rolling Eyes

As the articles on digitalmars.d.debugger forum, Code::Blocks has two steps building the project -- compile every source files to OBJ, then link OBJs to exe; poseidon use one step, if use "Run Debugger", poseidon will rebuild the project with -g option, then start the ddbg.

"Run Debugger" seems no good, it should be "Build And Debug" or something else, "Run Debugger" should be just run the ddbg, hmm, I'll check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: