FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dmocks: plans

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you use a dependency injection framework for D?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Maybe -- I don't have a use for it right now
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

dhasenan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: dmocks: plans Reply with quote

A mock objects library is not a thing that will be in continual development. At this stage, I think I have everything that's essential to a mocks library in subversion; it'll be a matter of refactoring for beauty and ease of use from here on. (Except for ordering. I'm not terribly happy with how that is at the moment, though I'm not sure how it should look.)

Consequently, I expect the project to be essentially finished as of the end of the year, at which time it will just be a matter of updating to the latest versions of DMD (and eventually converting to Tango, probably offering both options once Tango is available for DMD2).

That leaves other aspects of unit testing open. An assertion library might be convenient, with a fluent interface; it could give more accurate error messages that you wouldn't have to write manually.

But there's not much else to be done with unittests. So I will be working on other issues, probably with an attributes library and a dependency injection framework.
fraserofthenight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dependency injection is useful for more than just unit tests :-). Your idea for an assertion library would be cool, too (mind if I add some GUI support for it to descent.unittest?).

I'm working on a unit testing framework that allows specific unit tests to be run individually or the results of running many unit tests tallied. You can check it out over at:

http://www.dsource.org/projects/descent/browser/trunk/descent.unittest/flute/src/org/dsource/descent/unittests/flute.d
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DMocks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: