FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Access to internal conduit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaronc542

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Access to internal conduit Reply with quote

As far as I can tell, the writeRecord allocates a new buffer each time it is called. I would like to be able to implement a non-allocating version of the conduit (if you look at the Sendero project, you will see that I am working on a FCGI backend based on your library). This would be possible with access to the underlying FastCGIInternalConduit and id from the FastCGIRequest class. The following additions to FastCGIRequest would take care of it:

Code:

FastCGIInternalConduit conduit()
{
   return conduit_;
}

uint id()
{
   return id_;
}

What do you think? If you liked, you could even include the fixed-allocation version that I am working on for Sendero in your library. Thanks for this library btw - it is very useful!
xammy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've patched the repository with those two functions... Hopefully, this is all the way you like.

I think it would be nice, if this fixed-allocation thing could be integrated. If it's not too much work - could you submit it as a patch? Or is it integrated in Sendero too much and must be refactored somehow? When I've some time for it, I will take a look at it!
aaronc542

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! This should work. I don't think it should be too complex to integrate. Once I've tested it enough, I'll suggest a patch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> FastCGI4D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: