FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beginner tries to compile juno

View previous topic :: View next topic  
christof

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Beginner tries to compile juno Reply with quote

Hi all,

from the description of juno I this looks as exactly what I am needing. However, I tried to compile it now for several hours without success. Could anyone explain me how to compile it. I am using dmd v1.025 on windows and downloaded juno version 0.3.5 (because I want to use gdi+).

I tried building with dsss as it was suggested:
Code:

$ cat dsss.conf
[*]
buildflags=-g -O -debug
[juno]
type=library

Code:

$ dsss build
Creating imports for DD-juno

juno => DD-juno
[...]
juno\media\core.d(3274): Error: juno.com.core.GUID at juno\com\core.d(150) conflicts with juno.media.imaging.GUID at juno\media\imaging.d(10)
juno\media\core.d(3637): Error: juno.com.core.GUID at juno\com\core.d(150) conflicts with juno.media.imaging.GUID at juno\media\imaging.d(10)
Error: Command failed, aborting.
Command c:\D\dsss-0.75-dmd-win\bin\rebuild.exe returned with code 1, aborting.

After a slight modification of imaging.d:
Code:
private import juno.com.core: GUID;

to
Code:
private import juno.com.core;
(without having a slight idea why), it seems to work but I am stuck with the next problem:
Code:

$ dsss build
Creating imports for DD-juno

juno => DD-juno
+ c:\D\dsss-0.75-dmd-win\bin\rebuild.exe -Idsss_imports\ -I. -S.\ -Ic:\D\dsss-0.75-dmd-win\include\d -Sc:\D\dsss-0.75-dmd-win\lib\  -Ic:\D\dsss-0.75-dmd-win\include\d -Sc:\D\dsss-0.75-dmd-win\lib  -oqdsss_objs\D -g -O -debug  -explicit -lib juno\base\all.d juno\base\collections.d juno\base\core.d juno\base\environment.d juno\base\events.d juno\base\math.d juno\base\native.d juno\base\numeric.d juno\base\string.d juno\base\text.d juno\base\threading.d juno\com\all.d juno\com\client.d juno\com\core.d juno\com\reflect.d juno\com\server.d juno\io\all.d juno\io\core.d juno\io\directory.d juno\io\file.d juno\io\path.d juno\locale\all.d juno\locale\constants.d juno\locale\core.d juno\locale\format.d juno\media\all.d juno\media\constants.d juno\media\core.d juno\media\geometry.d juno\media\imaging.d juno\media\native.d juno\net\core.d juno\utils\registry.d juno\xml\all.d juno\xml\constants.d juno\xml\core.d juno\xml\dom.d juno\xml\msxml.d juno\xml\xsl.d -ofDD-juno.lib
Microsoft (R) Library Manager Version 6.00.8168
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

-c
-p512
DD-juno.lib
LIB : fatal error LNK1181: Eingabedatei "DD-juno.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden
Error: Command failed, aborting.
Command c:\D\dsss-0.75-dmd-win\bin\rebuild.exe returned with code -1, aborting.

Why is it "DD-juno.lib"? I thought, dsss is supposed to create a file "juno.lib". And what about the dlls (gdiplus etc.), do I have to tell the linker about them?

It looks like compiling juno is not trivial, or maybe I am just too stupid.

-- Christof
John

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used dsss - however, it should be trivial to build.

I suspect the problem is that the Microsoft librarian is being used instead of the Digital Mars librarian. Both are named "lib.exe", so maybe dsss is getting confused.

Quote:
And what about the dlls (gdiplus etc.), do I have to tell the linker about them?

The GDI+ DLL comes installed on XP/2003/Vista and is available as a redistributable component for 98/Me/2000. You do need gdiplus.lib, which is part of the Windows SDK (http://tinyurl.com/cew8e). Convert it to a DMD-compatible format with coffimplib.exe (ftp://ftp.digitalmars.com/coffimplib.zip).

You shouldn't need to tell the linker about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Juno All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: