FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Entice Compile and Execute extension (no cmd window)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bertbeck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Entice Compile and Execute extension (no cmd window) Reply with quote

I just created a Compile and Execute plugin using the sample included with Entice. It uses Tango process creation to remove the annoying (to me) cmd window during compilation and also allows an immediate execution if the compile step was successful. Code is alpha but works for me so far. It also will reopen the last "project" that was open when Entice starts up.

It would be very helpful to have an "EnticeExiting" callback since it seems that "pluginUnloaded" can't get the current file/tabs that are in the project as I think the project is already closed. I save the current file as of the last compile.

Also - it would be very helpful to be able to request the DFL Application object so that I could allow a click on error message ability to re-position to the error line in the source file (if this is possible from the DLL). In reading the DFL source code - it seems like it would be handy if the DFL object ptr were attached to the win32 window and accessible via GetWindowLong (if that is possible from a dll). I'll email the code to chris as I'm not sure where to post it.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Entice Compile and Execute extension (no cmd window) Reply with quote

bertbeck wrote:
It would be very helpful to have an "EnticeExiting" callback since it seems that "pluginUnloaded" can't get the current file/tabs that are in the project as I think the project is already closed. I save the current file as of the last compile.
You're right, I'll add such an event to the next version.

Quote:
Also - it would be very helpful to be able to request the DFL Application object so that I could allow a click on error message ability to re-position to the error line in the source file (if this is possible from the DLL). In reading the DFL source code - it seems like it would be handy if the DFL object ptr were attached to the win32 window and accessible via GetWindowLong (if that is possible from a dll).
I'll add a plugin double-click event for the status log display. However, I don't think it's a good idea to get the DFL object because things change too much between versions; not only in Entice and DFL, but the compiler too. A better approach would be to use interfaces (probably COM objects), but that will need some thought first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: