FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

os.getEnv functionality

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the_darkside_986

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: os.getEnv functionality Reply with quote

This function does not appear to work properly unless I'm doing something wrong.

I tried doing writefln(os.getEnv("myvar")); which should print the value of the shell variable myvar, but I get null instead. I tried exporting the variable before calling the script, and it still returns null. I tried showing variables in the D programming language by itself (via tango.sys.Environment.get()) and that seems to work as long as I export it first.

I'm using the release of MiniD that is installable via dsss, btw.

It's nothing serious as I can easily write my own native method and bind it to MiniD, but the reason I point it out is because I figured out how to use MiniD as a CGI scripting language on my personal webserver Very Happy But I won't get too far unless I can figure out how to access shell variables.

I hope someday I can make an apache module that can load and execute .md files in a manner similar to php files. But first I have to figure out how to load the D runtime from a C++ program (which always fails when the C++ program is linked to any extra non-standard library Confused )
the_darkside_986

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I was mistaken. The problem lies in tango.sys.Environment.

I made my own os.getEnv via tango.stdc.stdlib:getenv. It actually worked. So the problem is with tango not MiniD.
vektorboson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes; it's an error in Tango's Linux implementation. On Windows a '\0' is appended to the string, on Linux the pointer is passed as is to the getenv-function.

EDIT:
I've submitted a ticket
JarrettBillingsley

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, got out of that one. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MiniD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: