FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to set a working directory

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamaros

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: How to set a working directory Reply with quote

Hi,

I want to sperate my project folder of the binary result, to be able to have a folder tree like that :

BaseSolutionDir\
BaseSolutionDir\Projet (contains poseidon and building files)
BaseSolutionDir\Realase\MyExecutalbe
BaseSolutionDir\Release\Data
BaseSolutionDir\Sources

My binary can access datas without any problems when I launch it manualy, but I use run of poseidon it doesn't work due to the working directory.

I use this target name to be able build my binary in the rigth folder :
..\Release\HelloWorld

Can you add an option like Visual studio to be able to move the working directory? Or an option may already exist?
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: How to set a working directory Reply with quote

I think that poseidon can fit your need originally, like set release folder, sources folder....etc.

you can set the building files dir by using: Project Property->Compiler Options->double click the "Write object files relative directory[-od<path>]" to set the path.

But the locate of .poseidon(xml file) is decide where the project path is.

I haven't plan to move the work directory like VisualStudio, but I will download free VC ++2005 express and check how it works. Very Happy (I don't want to reinstall my old VS6 )
flamaros

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try our method.

I think working directory is interesting, because you can prepare the Release directory, it's easier after to make the installer.
flamaros

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Re: How to set a working directory Reply with quote

Kuan Hsu wrote:
I haven't plan to move the work directory like VisualStudio, but I will download free VC ++2005 express and check how it works. Very Happy (I don't want to reinstall my old VS6 )

Did you try VC++ 2005?
Kuan Hsu

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How to set a working directory Reply with quote

flamaros wrote:
Kuan Hsu wrote:

Did you try VC++ 2005?

Sorry reply so late, last three week I worked at pm8:30~am5:30, so tired...... Crying or Very sad

VC++ 2005 can set new folder and setup it's filters, now poseidon only force *.d to Sources; *.di to Interfaces, *.res to Resources, the others to Others.

Make poseidon's package explorer to like VC++, I need modify many codes in poseidon, haha, so if I change it, it will be later......Rolling Eyes

I make little change on rev.240 about package explorer, maybe a little convenience or not, maybe you can try it.... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Poseidon All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: