FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bug on 64Bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krox

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: bug on 64Bit Reply with quote

I think I found a bug and partially solved it, but I'll begin from the beginning. I started getting a segfault everytime I did a SELECT command with more then one column. After some testing I found, that some structs have the wrong size on 64 Bit, so I compared mysql.h and imp.d and in fact, I found differences:

The fields "length" and "max_length" of the struct MYSQL_FIELD are 64Bit on x86-64, so I changed it from uint to size_t. I think at least the first six elements of st_mysql_options have a similar problem. Probably there are more, I haven't checked it all yet.

Now I don't get a segfault anymore, but there is some other strange behavior, so I didn't solved the whole problem yet.

Before I forget: DDBI is a great work, but doesn't seem very active. I hope it wont die?

Krox
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Krox,

we are at least a few who follows it such that bugs can be fixed - please post a ticket with a patch if possible. Further development has been somewhat low lately though.
Krox

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've now gone through all the structs in dbi/mysql/imp.d and corrected the stuff as far as I could. See the ticket for details and the patched file. Sry, that it isn't a diff-file, but i wasn't sure, how to use diff the right may, actually thats my first contribution to another open source project Very Happy

With the patch, I don't get a segfault anymore, but the values I get for everything except the first column are simply wrong. Maybe, I'll take a second look at that when I have enough time.
larsivi
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Will look to have it committed soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DDBI All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: