FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Module names in doost.util.serializer.archive are wrong

View previous topic :: View next topic  
baxissimo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Module names in doost.util.serializer.archive are wrong Reply with quote

The module declarations of TextArchive and JsonArchive are missing the '.archive' part.

By the way, if you don't have the time, I'd be happy to fix these little things in SVN if you add me as a dev on the project. I can add some documentation to various methods as I figure things out, too.
aarti_pl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Module declarations are fixed now in trunk.

----

Now, you have also rights to commit to svn repository. Welcome Smile

I appreciate that you want to spend a bit of your time to improve doost. I think that there are quite a few nice ideas in this lib, but they must be a bit more polished ( Laughing ). And this documentation thing... I know that it is necessary, but it's painful for me Smile

Also developing library alone have disadvantage that it is very easy to make mistakes in design. So if you have suggestions, ideas etc. please let me know.

As I am developing desktop application (currently in Java SWT, but with translation to D in mind) I would like to create infrastructure to get it working in D. My future plans for Doost are following:

- fixing ProgramOptions; after adding serializer instead of previous serialization code its architecture doesn't fit my taste. I would like to make serializer configurable from ProgramOptions level.

- finishing database package which is basically implementation of QueryObject pattern. It is based on U++ sql implementation and looks like this library can be a big boost in development productivity for database applications.

- porting/creating package based on GNU gettext for internationalizations of D programs.

Hopefully I will find enough time to achieve these goals.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aarti_pl wrote:
Module declarations are fixed now in trunk.

----

Now, you have also rights to commit to svn repository. Welcome Smile

I appreciate that you want to spend a bit of your time to improve doost. I think that there are quite a few nice ideas in this lib, but they must be a bit more polished ( Laughing ). And this documentation thing... I know that it is necessary, but it's painful for me Smile

Also developing library alone have disadvantage that it is very easy to make mistakes in design. So if you have suggestions, ideas etc. please let me know.

As I am developing desktop application (currently in Java SWT, but with translation to D in mind) I would like to create infrastructure to get it working in D. My future plans for Doost are following:

- fixing ProgramOptions; after adding serializer instead of previous serialization code its architecture doesn't fit my taste. I would like to make serializer configurable from ProgramOptions level.

- finishing database package which is basically implementation of QueryObject pattern. It is based on U++ sql implementation and looks like this library can be a big boost in development productivity for database applications.

- porting/creating package based on GNU gettext for internationalizations of D programs.

Hopefully I will find enough time to achieve these goals.

Thanks for fixing the modules.
And thanks for the write permits!

As for your road map, I haven't got much use for serializing ProgramOptions. I guess I just don't see the real pressing need. I think your idea is to unify command-line options with something more like persistent application preferences, but I guess I just don't find myself desiring to have those unified so often.

I don't touch DBs with a 10 foot pole, so you're on your own there too. Smile

But the internationalization stuff would be nice. Is there really no solution that works for D right now? I hadn't really looked into it, but assumed somebody must have done something in terms of porting or wrapping gettext. Anyway, I could maybe be of help once that gets underway. Someday I'll probably need to make Japanese versions of my programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Doost All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: