FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

module Version cannot read file 'gtk/Version.d'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nthalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: module Version cannot read file 'gtk/Version.d' Reply with quote

I'm having a problem building ANY of the demos. It seems that D is looking to rebuild the libraries from source instead of using the di and the static libraries.

All of the demos from SVN revision 500 seem to want one *.d file or another, and the "dsss build && sudo dsss install --prefix=/usr/local" seems to make just .di files and not insert any sources (like the demos seem to want).

The only place that these files exist is within the svn source directory, not within the install at "--prefix=/usr/local", however under /usr/local/include/d, there are di files.

Versions:
Code:

$ dsss | head -n4 | tail -n1
DSSS version 0.75
$ gdc --version | head -n1
gdc (GCC) 4.2.3 20080225 (prerelease gdc 0.25 20071215, using dmd 1.022) (Ubuntu 0.25-4.2.3-2ubuntu2)

Error:
Code:

$ pwd
/home/carl/Projects/d/gtkd/trunk/demos/gtkD
$ sudo dsss build

DSSS PROFILE: gdc-posix

TestWindow.d => TestWindow
+ /usr/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib/  -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib -I/home/carl/d/include/d -S/home/carl/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs/G -I../ -L-ldl TestWindow.d -ofTestWindow
TestWindow.d(27): module Version cannot read file 'gtk/Version.d'
Command /usr/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

Environment Path:
Code:

$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin

Proof of correctish dsss install of gtkD:
Code:

$ find /usr/local -type f | grep Version.d
/usr/local/include/d/cairo/Version.di
/usr/local/include/d/pango/PgVersion.di
/usr/local/include/d/gtk/Version.di

I wish to run gtkD with gdc on linux, is this impossible with this SVN revision? If it is, what other GUI toolkits are available for D that are mature enough to just jump in and use?

Am I missing some part of the install process? I don't want to just straight up link the src/ from gtkD to /usr/local/src (if that's so necessary, why didn't the dsss install do it?)... But I will if I have to.

Thank you for your time.[/code]
ShprotX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: module Version cannot read file 'gtk/Version.d' Reply with quote

Nthalk wrote:

Code:

+ /usr/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib/  -I/usr/include/d -S/usr/lib -I/home/carl/d/include/d -S/home/carl/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs/G -I../ -L-ldl TestWindow.d -ofTestWindow
TestWindow.d(27): module Version cannot read file 'gtk/Version.d'
Command /usr/bin/rebuild returned with code 256, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.

This output shows that compiler searches the interface files in /usr/include/d; /usr/include/d; /home/carl/d/include/d. It doesn't try to look into /usr/local/include/d!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: