FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems building source

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JNewt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Problems building source Reply with quote

Since the .zip links on the project's frontpage no longer work, I checked out the latest version of /trunk. From the /trunk/fonts directory, I built buildme.d without problem, however, upon running it I get the following:
Code:
./buildme -version=useDerelict
dmd -c -op -H -Hdheaders -I../freetype/imports -I../../derelict/DerelictGL -I../../derelict/DerelictGLU -I../../derelict/DerelictUtil -version=useDerelict source/fonts/ftbitmapglyph.d source/fonts/ftsize.d source/fonts/ftcontour.d source/fonts/fttextureglyph.d source/fonts/ftextrdglyph.d source/fonts/ftglpixmapfont.d source/fonts/ftcharmap.d source/fonts/ftvectoriser.d source/fonts/ftpolyglyph.d source/fonts/ftpixmapglyph.d source/fonts/ftfont.d source/fonts/HPGCalc_afm.d source/fonts/ftgltexturefont.d source/fonts/ftchartoglyphindexmap.d source/fonts/ftface.d source/fonts/ftoutlineglyph.d source/fonts/HPGCalc_pfb.d source/fonts/ftgloutlinefont.d source/fonts/ftvector.d source/fonts/testing.d source/fonts/opengl.d source/fonts/ftbbox.d source/fonts/ftglyph.d source/fonts/ftglextrdfont.d source/fonts/ftpoint.d source/fonts/ftlist.d source/fonts/ftglpolygonfont.d source/fonts/ftlibrary.d source/fonts/ftglbitmapfont.d source/fonts/ftglyphcontainer.d
source/fonts/ftpoint.d(4): module freetype cannot read file 'freetype/freetype.d'
Error: AssertError Failure buildme.d(276) Command failed: dmd -c -op -H -Hdheaders -I../freetype/imports -I../../derelict/DerelictGL -I../../derelict/DerelictGLU -I../../derelict/DerelictUtil -version=useDerelict source/fonts/ftbitmapglyph.d source/fonts/ftsize.d source/fonts/ftcontour.d source/fonts/fttextureglyph.d source/fonts/ftextrdglyph.d source/fonts/ftglpixmapfont.d source/fonts/ftcharmap.d source/fonts/ftvectoriser.d source/fonts/ftpolyglyph.d source/fonts/ftpixmapglyph.d source/fonts/ftfont.d source/fonts/HPGCalc_afm.d source/fonts/ftgltexturefont.d source/fonts/ftchartoglyphindexmap.d source/fonts/ftface.d source/fonts/ftoutlineglyph.d source/fonts/HPGCalc_pfb.d source/fonts/ftgloutlinefont.d source/fonts/ftvector.d source/fonts/testing.d source/fonts/opengl.d source/fonts/ftbbox.d source/fonts/ftglyph.d source/fonts/ftglextrdfont.d source/fonts/ftpoint.d source/fonts/ftlist.d source/fonts/ftglpolygonfont.d source/fonts/ftlibrary.d source/fonts/ftglbitmapfont.d source/fonts/ftglyphcontainer.d

I'm running dmd.1.029 and the latest version of DSSS on linux. Although I'm just interested in fonts portion of the project, I also tried the trunk buildme. Again, it built but gave an error upon running:
Code:

dmd buildme.d
./buildme
dmd -c -op -H -Hdheaders -Isource source/gl.d source/glu.d
ar -r gl.a source/glu.o source/gl.o
ar: creating gl.a
rm -rf headers
dmd buildme.d
./buildme
dmd -c -op -H -Hdheaders -Isource -I../gl/imports source/pthreads.d source/glx.d source/x11/xf86vmode.d source/x11/Xlib.d source/x11/Xkeysymdef.d source/x11/keysymdef.d source/x11/Xmd.d source/x11/Xproto.d source/x11/X.d source/x11/Xatom.d source/x11/Xutil.d source/x11/Xlibint.d
ar -r x11.a source/pthreads.o source/glx.o source/x11/Xmd.o source/x11/xf86vmode.o source/x11/keysymdef.o source/x11/X.o source/x11/Xlib.o source/x11/Xutil.o source/x11/Xproto.o source/x11/Xatom.o source/x11/Xlibint.o source/x11/Xkeysymdef.o
ar: creating x11.a
rm -rf headers
dmd buildme.d
./buildme
dmd -c -op -H -Hdheaders -I../gl/imports -I../x11/imports source/gld.d source/gld_/window.d source/gld_/tga.d source/gld_/internal.d source/gld_/glext.d source/gld_/x11/init.d source/gld_/x11/joystick.d source/gld_/x11/window.d source/gld_/x11/time.d source/gld_/x11/sysconf.d source/gld_/x11/platform.d source/gld_/x11/glext.d source/gld_/x11/thread.d source/gld_/x11/fullscreen.d source/gld_/x11/enable.d source/gld_/x11/keysym2unicode.d source/gld_/thread.d source/gld_/enable.d source/gld_/image.d source/gld_/stream.d
ar -r gld.a source/gld.o source/gld_/internal.o source/gld_/image.o source/gld_/thread.o source/gld_/stream.o source/gld_/enable.o source/gld_/glext.o source/gld_/window.o source/gld_/tga.o source/gld_/x11/init.o source/gld_/x11/fullscreen.o source/gld_/x11/time.o source/gld_/x11/thread.o source/gld_/x11/enable.o source/gld_/x11/glext.o source/gld_/x11/keysym2unicode.o source/gld_/x11/window.o source/gld_/x11/joystick.o source/gld_/x11/sysconf.o source/gld_/x11/platform.o
ar: creating gld.a
rm -rf headers
Building examples
dmd -L-L. -L-L../x11 -L-lGL -L-lGLU -L-lphobos -L-lpthread gld.a ../x11/x11.a -I../gl/imports -I../x11/imports -Iimports -oftriangle source/examples/triangle.d -L-lGL -L-lGLU
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--- errorlevel 1
Error: AssertError Failure buildme.d(309) Command failed: dmd -L-L. -L-L../x11 -L-lGL -L-lGLU -L-lphobos -L-lpthread gld.a ../x11/x11.a -I../gl/imports -I../x11/imports -Iimports -oftriangle source/examples/triangle.d -L-lGL -L-lGLU
Error: AssertError Failure buildme.d(63) Command failed: ./buildme

Any help would be appreciated.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before too long here, I think I'm going to revamp the schooner package structure. Instead of trying to use top-level module names everywhere, I'd like to put everything at least one level down into a "schooner" package. That will make it play much more nicely with build tools.

Anyway, have you tried building with dsss? I just got finished building on Windows using the dsss.conf provided. That worked. Mostly. The -version=useDerelict vs no useDerelict doesn't work quite right with dsss.
JNewt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used dsss build on the trunk and from the output it looked like it built, except that "No config file found and no targets explicitly specified." got tacked on at the end. So I tried a dsss install and got another "No config" message, but dsss lists "schooner" as installed. Haven't tried importing it into a project yet, but looks good. Is schooner-fonts part of schooner or should it show up as a separate item in the install list?
JNewt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I tried building ftgldemo.d in the examples dir and got the following message:
Code:
tb.d(94): module gld cannot read file 'gld.d'

Note that I have derelict installed, but built the whole repository with dsss without the useDerelict option.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JNewt wrote:
Alright, I tried building ftgldemo.d in the examples dir and got the following message:
Code:
tb.d(94): module gld cannot read file 'gld.d'

Note that I have derelict installed, but built the whole repository with dsss without the useDerelict option.

Ok. I'll fire up my Ubuntu vmware later today and give it a try and let you know what I find.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, dsss.conf should work on linux now.
And top-level schooner/dsss.conf should also build the ftgldemo.

I tinkered with the dsss.conf for a while, but I was not able to get the ftgldemo to build on Windows for some reason. Or maybe that was just because I was using -version=useDerelict on Windows, but not on Linux.
JNewt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a try either later today or next week. I really like the flexibility of the fonts code and would like to use it in a current project of mine rather than write my own. Thanks for the help.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JNewt wrote:
I'll give it a try either later today or next week. I really like the flexibility of the fonts code and would like to use it in a current project of mine rather than write my own. Thanks for the help.

You posted again about not being able to build...
Did the ftgldemo not build after the changes I checked in above?

If not what's the output of the compiler / dsss?
JNewt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I'm at rev 65, which I believe is the most recent.
Code:

~/workspace/schooner-fonts/trunk$ dsss build
x11 => DD-x11

pthreads.d => pthreads

glx.d => glx

Creating imports for DD-freetype

freetype => DD-freetype
+ /opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib/  -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib -I/home/justin/d/include/d -S/home/justin/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs/D  -explicit -lib freetype/ftxf86.d freetype/ftsnames.d freetype/tttables.d freetype/ftlzw.d freetype/ftimage.d freetype/ftbdf.d freetype/tttags.d freetype/ftwinfnt.d freetype/ftrender.d freetype/ftstroke.d freetype/ftbitmap.d freetype/ftoutln.d freetype/ftmodapi.d freetype/ftotval.d freetype/ttunpat.d freetype/ftsizes.d freetype/fttypes.d freetype/ftgzip.d freetype/internal/ttypes.d freetype/internal/autohint.d freetype/internal/ftdriver.d freetype/internal/ftserv.d freetype/internal/t1types.d freetype/internal/ftmemory.d freetype/internal/pshints.d freetype/internal/ftstream.d freetype/internal/ftrfork.d freetype/internal/tttypes.d freetype/internal/ftgloadr.d freetype/internal/ftcalc.d freetype/internal/internal.d freetype/internal/services/svtteng.d freetype/internal/services/svxf86nm.d freetype/internal/services/svpfr.d freetype/internal/services/svwinfnt.d freetype/internal/services/svgxval.d freetype/internal/services/svpostnm.d freetype/internal/services/svbdf.d freetype/internal/services/svotval.d freetype/internal/services/svpscmap.d freetype/internal/services/svsfnt.d freetype/internal/services/svmm.d freetype/internal/services/svpsinfo.d freetype/internal/services/svttcmap.d freetype/internal/services/svkern.d freetype/internal/services/svgldict.d freetype/internal/ftvalid.d freetype/internal/psaux.d freetype/internal/ftobjs.d freetype/internal/pcftypes.d freetype/internal/sfnt.d freetype/internal/ftdebug.d freetype/ftmoderr.d freetype/ftbbox.d freetype/ftglyph.d freetype/ftsynth.d freetype/ftlist.d freetype/ftmm.d freetype/ftchapters.d freetype/ft2build.d freetype/config/ftheader.d freetype/config/ftconfig.d freetype/config/ftoption.d freetype/config/ftstdlib.d freetype/ftgxval.d freetype/fterrors.d freetype/t1tables.d freetype/fttrigon.d freetype/ttnameid.d freetype/ftincrem.d freetype/freetype.d freetype/ftcache.d freetype/ftsystem.d freetype/ftpfr.d -oflibDD-freetype.a

gl.d => gl

glu.d => glu

Creating imports for gld

Creating imports for gld_

gld.d => gld
+ /opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib/  -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib -I/home/justin/d/include/d -S/home/justin/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs/D -I../../gl/source -I../../x11/source  -explicit -lib gld.d -oflibgld.a

gld_ => gld_
+ /opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib/  -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib -I/home/justin/d/include/d -S/home/justin/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs/D -I../../gl/source -I../../x11/source  -explicit -lib gld_/window.d gld_/tga.d gld_/internal.d gld_/glext.d gld_/x11/init.d gld_/x11/joystick.d gld_/x11/window.d gld_/x11/time.d gld_/x11/sysconf.d gld_/x11/platform.d gld_/x11/glext.d gld_/x11/thread.d gld_/x11/fullscreen.d gld_/x11/enable.d gld_/x11/keysym2unicode.d gld_/thread.d gld_/enable.d gld_/image.d gld_/stream.d -oflibgld_.a

examples/boing.d => boing
+ /opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/bin/rebuild -Idsss_imports/ -I. -S./ -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib/  -I/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/include/d -S/opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/lib -I/home/justin/d/include/d -S/home/justin/d/lib  -oqdsss_objs/D -I../../gl/source -I../../x11/source -llGL -llGLU examples/boing.d -ofboing
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGLU
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
--- errorlevel 1
Command /opt/dsss-0.75-dmd-gnuWlinux-x86/bin/rebuild returned with code 65280, aborting.
Error: Command failed, aborting.[quote][/quote]
baxissimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, does your system have libGLU on it?
dsss seems to think it doesn't.
That's not a D lib, it's a common system lib that you'll need to build many (but not all) OpenGL programs.
Or maybe libGLU is called something different on your system?
JNewt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I already checked on the libGLU thing. On my system it's actually called libGLU-mesa. Do you know if this requires any changes to Derelict or the schooner source?
In another project using OpenGL & SDL, I'm importing derelict.opengl.glu with no problems. So DSSS knows about GLU, unless Schooner is referencing it in some other way.
baxissimo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, you're importing derelict.opengl.glu you say, but are you actually calling functions in it?

In derelict.opengl.glu it has this:
Code:

DerelictGLU.setup(
        "glu32.dll",
        "libGLU.so,libGLU.so.1",
        // on Mac, the GLU functions are in the OpenGL framework
        "../Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL, /Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL, /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/OpenGL",
        &load

So as far as I can tell it does not look for anything called libGLU-mesa either. I'm not too up on Linux shared lib technology. Maybe it's possible that a call to dlopen("libGLU.so,libGLU.so.1") can find libGLU-mesa somehow?

Anyway, apparently static linking is not working for you, so what you need to do is go to schooner/gld/source/dsss.conf and change all the -llGLU to -llGLU-mesa, or else figure out how to get a libGLU on your system. (Like symlink libGLU-mesa.so to libGLU.so or something along those lines.)
JNewt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm calling functions such as DerelictGLU.load() and gluOrtho2D() in my other project, so I think my system knows where to find the right lib. I haven't delved into the schooner source, but I assume it uses the standard Derelict imports.
JNewt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, apparently the fonts stuff was built before the boing example broke things. So I just did a dsss install in the trunk/fonts/source directory. DSSS shows "schooner" in the installed list, so I guess I'll try importing it.
Assuming the imports work, I don't need the examples or other parts of schooner.
JNewt

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, I got it working.
For posterity's sake:
--cd into /fonts/source/
--dsss build -version=useDerelict
--dsss install

Also, if you're using Derelict instead of GLD, make sure to specify -L/usr/lib/libfreetype.a
I have it my own test program running and displaying a bitmap font. I am getting a segmentation fault upon closing, but that's another story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Schooner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: