FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No auto-completion inside a template-class

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3-S-E

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: No auto-completion inside a template-class Reply with quote

I've wrote a simple class using a generic typ.
It compiles fine, no syntactic errors.

autocompletion does not work, but it does in other modules / classes of the same project. Pressing Ctrl. + Space key opens an empty box containing no variables and no methods. It seams that also no other syntactic and semantic checking is working properly within a template-definition.

Maybe the template-definition is marked as syntactic incorrect and because it error occurs relatively far on top of a module the complete following code gets ignored?!
asterite

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autocompletion inside templates (templates, templated classes, templated functions, etc.) is not yet implemented. The thing is, we currently take advantage of DMD's semantic pass to gather information about the current module and offer autocompletion from it. But... semantic is not run for template declarations, it is just run for template instantiations. So it's like inside a template definition no semantic is run. That's why there's no help there.

I tried to run semantic for templates anyway, but I got all kind of ugly and nasty exceptions which I didn't know how to fix. So autocompletion for templates needs a totally different approach, at least if it's going to be based on DMD's code.
3-S-E

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Descent All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: